Sunday, 23 February 2014

Review – For Fukui’s Sake by Sam Baldwin


Now I haven’t even finished reading this book on my kindle but I just had to bring it to your attention.
This book is a memoir of Sam’s time as an English teacher in rural Japan, this may not sound like a thrilling read but trust me it’s wonderful and if like me you have a fascination with Japanese main and sub culture then you will enjoy it too!
Like I said I still have to finish it but so far it has conjured up an amazing image in my head of the area he stays in along with a cast of supporting Japanese characters ranging from his local landlord to the head teacher of the school he works at.
It’s funny, it’s well written, it makes we want to go to Japan and buy weird things from vending machines.
It has a website too if you fancy a look http://forfukuissake.com, right if you will excuse me I am off to finish it.

UPDATE!

I did finish the book and I really loved it, in fact after enjoying Sam's book I have bought a few more books on Japan, now if only I could persuade my other half to visit!!

For Fukui's Sake is awarded 5 out of 5




Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it and will make the time to come and visit your blog, maybe not today but soon as I am always behind!

Sorry due to lots of Spam I am moderating all comments - no spammers I don't want to buy whatever it is you are selling!

© Random Redheaded Ramblings | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig