Monday, 24 February 2014

Review – Wild by Cheryl Strayed


This had been on my to read list for ages and last week I finally succumbed to its charms.
The book is a memoir of Cheryl’s time walking the Pacific Crest Trail on the west coast of America and the events that led her to do it in the first place which I will not go in to – you can read that for yourself!
What I will tell you is that this book is superb and once she hits the trail you are literally there with her spurring her on as she makes her way along it. The imagery this book conjures up is amazing and this part of the world in my mind is beautiful, my only concern was for Cheryl as a single woman walking the trail alone, and my concern was genuine as she faced inclement weather, wild creatures, sore feet and the worst kind of concern – other people.
I truly think she was a little mad to do this but also incredibly brave, it is one of these books that makes you want to get up and do it yourself.
A great read, highly recommended.

Awarded 5 out of 5


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it and will make the time to come and visit your blog, maybe not today but soon as I am always behind!

Sorry due to lots of Spam I am moderating all comments - no spammers I don't want to buy whatever it is you are selling!

© Random Redheaded Ramblings | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig