Thursday, 20 March 2014

Review - Dust by Hugh Howey


"Every Beginning Has An End"
I was dreading this book in a way, I knew it was the last in this glorious series (but I needn't have worried see Karma of the Silo) but I did want to see what happened to the people stuck in the godforsaken silos deep underground.  

I don't want to spoil things so I wont go in to too much detail about the third book but after the scene being set in Wool and then the devastating truth behind the silo's being revealed in Shift, Dust finished the trilogy in an almost satisfying way.

The book concentrates on the inhabitants of Silo's 18, 17 and 1.  We know Silo 1 basically has the power to end any of the silo's, we know silo 17 is on its last legs and silo 18 has a population in danger of being finished off by Silo 1.

Now don't get me wrong I love the whole WOOLiverse but I think there are still a lot of unanswered questions and also the fact that we know there is more than just the one silo, I would love to hear about what happened to them but I also understand he cant keep writing about the same thing, where would he stop?

However as briefly mentioned above, Karma of the Silo and a lot of other books have appeared in the WOOLiverse and they are not just brilliant but they fill in questions that Howey has not answered and they also come with Howey's approval.

What this series has introduced me to is the brilliant imagination of Hugh Howey and having started reading his next series - Sand, I cannot wait to see what he has planned for the future.

Awarded 5 out of 5

Wool Wikipedia

Wool Official

Hugh Howey Official



Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it and will make the time to come and visit your blog, maybe not today but soon as I am always behind!

Sorry due to lots of Spam I am moderating all comments - no spammers I don't want to buy whatever it is you are selling!

© Random Redheaded Ramblings | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig