Saturday, 26 April 2014

Review - Silo 49: Dark Till Dawn by Ann Christy


Books in the Silo 49 Series: 



Silo 49: Dark Till Dawn


Ok, well here I am on book three of Ann Christy's phenomenal Silo 49 series and what an enjoyable journey it has been.

I have seen Silo 49 brought back from the brink of destruction at the hands of Silo 1 and the inhabitants of the silo claiming it back for themselves and learning more about how they came to be there in the first place.

Following on from Deep Dark, the inhabitants are now exploring the outside of the silo, mapping the area around them but they just don't send anybody, there is a race to discover who is the fittest, who can go the extra mile.

Lillian and Leo are cousins and are the fittest in the silo, Dark Till Dawn follows them as they go from fledgling trainees to fully blown racers.

I wont tell you who wins the race as that's a spoiler!  

But I will say that we see a lot more of the outside in this story and I really appreciated Ann describing that, after the inhabitants being in the silo for so long I wondered how the outside world would have changed.

Another thing I liked about the book was the description of the animals in the silo, it still puzzles me how when they were building the silo's did people not notice all these goats being led down to the farms!

Anyway I really enjoyed this book, the character of Lillian stood out, she was really strong and despite her young years not afraid to go the extra mile.

I have been really impressed with the world building that Ann has done, I loved the original Hugh Howey books and the Silo 49 series is just as good.

Silo 49: Dark Till Dawn I award 5 out of 5

Follow on Bloglovin
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it and will make the time to come and visit your blog, maybe not today but soon as I am always behind!

Sorry due to lots of Spam I am moderating all comments - no spammers I don't want to buy whatever it is you are selling!

© Random Redheaded Ramblings | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig