Wednesday, 30 April 2014

Reviews Coming Up In The Next Few Weeks - May 2014

I have sooo many books to share with you, so I thought I would give you all a quick round up of what's coming up, there are I am ashamed to say some from my last coming up post but I will get there.

It is just so much fun discovering new authors and re-discovering old authors alike and the best part is getting to share it with you guys.

So without further ado lets see whats coming up!

Craig Williams debut fiction novel is a breath of fresh air, Craig has a natural gift of the gab and having enjoyed his trip reports from his Florida holidays it was great to see his amazing talent branch out to fiction, All this and more is about a young bands travel along the rocky road to stardom and so far so good.  Also featuring a young cast is Real Heroes Cry from Kieran Gould-Dowen, it has it all a strong male lead, some romance and also amazing super powers! Its been an enjoyable read so far and I hope to review this in the coming weeks along with Craig's.  D. Nichole King's book will be coming to my site as part of her blog tour this Sunday, it is a truly scary book but is also romantic and beautifully set, I have been reading it late at night and maybe that wasn't the best idea!


All This and More I purchased my own copy!
Thank you to Kieran Gould- Dowen for providing me with a copy of Real Heroes Cry
Thank you to D. Nichole King for providing me with a copy of The Spirit


The P45 Diaries reminds me a little of Adrian Mole, but a lot more modern with a slightly more selfish teenager and a BBC telephone directory being misused, can I sum it up in one word, bearing in mind I am only half way through? - Hysterical!   Next on the list is Prisoner of Night and Fog, set in Germany before World War 2, this is an extraordinary story told from Gretchen's POV, a young girl who calls Hitler Uncle Dolf.  The Witch of Clan Sinclair is a great historical novel set in Scotland and I'm not telling you anything about it, why you yell!! Because it's coming to my blog tomorrow on Karen Ranney's blog tour so please stop by tomorrow!

The P45 Diaries I purchased my own copy!
Thank you to Headline Publishing for providing me with a copy of Prisoner of Night and Fog
Thank you to Bookslapped/Karen Ranney for providing me with a copy of The Witch of Clan Sinclair


Being a huge dystopian fan I am looking forward to Flotilla from Dan Haight, a lot of the story is set on a floating colony of the Los Angeles coast this should be right up my alley!  The first in the Curse Keepers series, this novel of the same name promises curses, vengeful spirits and lots of supernatural intrigue and continuing on the supernatural theme is the second book in the Fangborn series, Pack of Strays, having recently enjoyed the first in this series I am looking forward to reading this.

I have borrowed a copy of Flotilla from the Amazon Prime Library
Thank you to Net Galley/47 North for providing me with a copy of The Curse Keepers
Thank you to Net Galley/47 North for providing me with a copy of Pack of Strays

I haven't read any of Sinead's books but comparisons have been made to Marian Keyes whose novels I always enjoy, Mad About You is about family life and what happens when pressure is applied from all angles - babies, the loss of a job and isolation, this does look good.  Hugh Dennis has been on my list of favourite comedians for years ever since I saw him as an impressionable teenager in the Mary Whitehouse Experience (remember "Milky Milky"!) and in this book he explores what it means to be British.  Kindred is from Octavia E Butler, it features a modern black woman transported back to the 19th century, an extremely dangerous time for her, this looks good and I love a bit of time travel!

Thank you to Penguin for providing me with a copy of Mad About You
Thank you to Headline Publishing for providing me with a copy of Britty Britty Bang Bang
Thank you to Headline Publishing for providing me with a copy of Kindred

So there you have it, of course there will be a lot more added to the list as the month continues but whilst I have your attention I want to say thank you to everyone who takes the time to read my blog, I really appreciate it! 

Heather x


Follow on Bloglovin
Share:

2 comments

  1. Oooh some exciting reads coming up, I can't wait to hear your thoughts!

    Katrina @ Chased By My Imagination

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading, I am busily reading my way through and so far so good! Reviews Soon!!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it and will make the time to come and visit your blog, maybe not today but soon as I am always behind!

Sorry due to lots of Spam I am moderating all comments - no spammers I don't want to buy whatever it is you are selling!

© Random Redheaded Ramblings | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig