Tuesday, 13 May 2014

Review - Avenge Me by Maisey Yates


Thank you to NetGalley for providing me with a copy.
Avenge Me is released on the 27th May 2014 by Harlequin 

I love a good romance and having read a lot of dystopians of late (don't get me wrong I love them!) I wanted to read something a little less end of the world and a lot more hot troubled men.

Avenge Me is the first in the Fifth Avenue trilogy, a series of book, each with a different author but the main guys in each book crossover from book to book and this book is from Maisey Yates.

The story deals with the fallout of a suicide 10 years previously, Sarah Michaels had everything to live for until she got mixed up with lawyer and women's advocate, Jason Treffen.  She left behind her younger siblings and her drug addled parents.

Her younger sister Katy has Jason's blood on her mind, she wants to destroy him and for him to suffer, she has his suspicions about what he is has been doing and infiltrates her way in to planning events for him.

What she didn't plan for was meeting Austin Treffen, Jason's son also a lawyer and friend of her sister.  They meet at a party held by Jason where Katy does some snooping about in Jason's office in to his history, Katy and Austin's attraction is instant and they spend a memorable few hours together but afterwards leave not  on the best of terms.

So begins Katy and Austin's story, they both have a common goal to destroy Jason but along the way they need to deal with their feelings for each other as well as dealing with personal demons.

I loved this book, I do love a good romance but this one had the extra ooomph with the addition of revenge, now I have not gone in to any detail as to what that revenge is for, that is for you to read and find out.

The ending was very satisfying and wrapped the story up nicely, I have book 2 in this series lined up called Scandalize Me by Caitlin Crews lined up to go and I can't wait to see what it's like!

Very enjoyable read, awarded 5 out of 5


Follow on Bloglovin

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it and will make the time to come and visit your blog, maybe not today but soon as I am always behind!

Sorry due to lots of Spam I am moderating all comments - no spammers I don't want to buy whatever it is you are selling!

© Random Redheaded Ramblings | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig