Tuesday, 27 May 2014

Review - Tur by ST Bende


Thank you to Ink Slinger PR for providing me with a copy

Inga Andersson is the envy of every girl in Asgard. On the surface she has it all -- great friends, a job as Odin’s personal fight choreographer, and a happy ever after with her realm’s hottest assassin. But when evil invades Asgard, her perfect world comes crashing down. Someone is planning to kill off the gods, and Inga’s best friend Ull is first on their list. With the Norse apocalypse a nanosecond away, Inga has to decide how she’ll spend her final moments of freedom. Because from the moment this battle begins, Inga’s happily ever after will be nothing more than a memory.
Some things are worth fighting for.

This is a taster for the main course that is Elsker which I am excited to say I will be reviewing on Thursday as part of S.T. Bende's blog tour for the series! Promise me you'll come back to see it!!

I love Norse mythology, yes watching Thor and Loki annoy the hell out of each other does help, but awesome programmes like New Zealand's The Almighty Johnson's have really made me sit up and pay attention to my Scandinavian neighbours (well across the sea and a bit, I'm in Scotland!) along with reading books by some of their fantastic authors and watching their amazing crime drama - look up Saga Noren!

Tur is a novella and I read it in one big gulp, I loved it, first we have Inga Andersson a totally kick ass chick who is a fight choreographer, married to the insanely hot assassin Gunnar and best pals with another hot bad ass Ull.  She has it all!  But things are about to go downhill.

There is a lot going on in this novella but it never feels like you are bombarded with information, this story mainly deals with a plot to assassinate top God Odin and his blood line, this includes Ull, The dark elves are involved and Inga and the boys (sorry men they could never be boys, they were probably born with stubble!) go forth to make sure that doesn't happen.

At the end of the book once peace has been restored, a prophecy is mentioned, one that involves Ull meeting with his soul mate but as to what happens well you will need to read Elsker!

An awesome book and if is Elsker is as good as this one, well prepare for my gushing review on Thursday!

Tur er tildelt 5 av 5 (or for the non Norwegian speaking Tur gets 5 out of 5 - If it's wrong blame Google!)



Follow on Bloglovin
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it and will make the time to come and visit your blog, maybe not today but soon as I am always behind!

Sorry due to lots of Spam I am moderating all comments - no spammers I don't want to buy whatever it is you are selling!

© Random Redheaded Ramblings | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig