Monday, 30 June 2014

Reviews Coming Up In The Next Few Weeks - July 2014

So June was a totally mad month for me, lots of new books came out, lots of promos and I did a lot of reading but it was all worth while today when I noticed I hit 10,000 views which when I started doing this back in February I never ever thought anybody would read my blog never mind get to this amount, so thank you everyone for taking the time to read my ramblings.

Now, back to business, as I thought my list for June didn't quite work out there are a few books that I just ran out of time with so I'll be carrying them on to this month, so without further ado lets start with them and then I will share with you the other beauties I have coming your way.


So let's start with Tracie Banister's Blame It on the Fame which looks good, it has a bitch, a has-been, a skank, a quiet one and the unknown one all trying to get a coveted gold award. It sounds like its going to be a riot! Jennifer Ellis's In the Shadows of the Mosquito Constellation is another book with a beautiful cover, just gorgeous, set in a world that has been torn apart by an economic collapse, surviving each day is the main goal but when a deadly virus starts to spread how will people cope? It focuses on a group of survivors and there lives, loves and loyalty.  Mila Gray (aka Sarah Alderson) has for fans of men in uniform Come Back to Me a steamy hot love story about a young couple trying to make it.


I purchased Blame It On The Fame myself!
Jennifer Ellis and Mila Gray very kindly sent me advance copies 


Patron Saint of Florida, Craig Williams brings us an epic journey of the Williams families many many trips to Florida, this man is the oracle when it comes to the Sunshine State, you need to read this before you contemplate getting on that plane.  Sarah Perry releases After Me Comes The Flood which has a beautiful simple but effective cover - the tag line for this book "What if you walked out of your life to find another one waiting for you?" it looks good.  I have been reliably informed the We are all completely beside ourselves is amazing, it sounds like it has got a major twist so I can't wait to read it.


I own a copy of Craig Williams book
Serpent's Tail very kindly sent me a copy of Sarah Perry & Karen Joy Fowler's books


I am a little scared to read The Troop, I won't be reading it at night time put it that way, It's being described as Lord of the Flies meets The Thing meets Stand By Me, I don't think it will be for the faint hearted but I do think its going to be one heck of a read.  Shovel Ready is a dystopian with a difference, a dirty bomb has gone of in NYC killing Spademan's family, he ends up becoming a hit man in the aftermath of all of this and it looks like there are going to be a lot of hard decisions coming to him.  The String Diaries in the flesh is an extremely striking book, set over many years it is a supernatural tale of a horror that haunts a family.


Thank to Headline for providing me with copies of all three


The Spring of Kasper Meir is a mystery set in post war Berlin, a gripping debut from Ben Fergusson.  I was lucky enough to interview the lovely Tessa Gratton a while back and I am now the proud owner of a lovely copy of the first book in the United States of Asgard series, The Lost Sun which features Norse Gods in America.  Lisa Dickenson releases You had me at Merlot, released in four parts it promises to be great comedic read. 



Thank you to Little Brown for providing me with the books from Ben Fergusson and Lisa Dickenson
I purchased my own shiny copy of The Lost Sun


The Art of Baking Blind is a book you will read and find yourself ravenously hungry, I have read a small bit of it and I can say comparisons will be made to the Great British Bake Off but that is a good thing!  Glimpse is based on the tale of The Highwayman and promises to be great read with a ghostly twist.  Lastly the Maddox brothers are back in Beautiful Oblivion, Travis takes the back seat and Trenton moves to the forefront, if it is as good as the previous books I am going to be in for a great read!


Thank you to Net Galley for providing me with a copy


I hope to read all these amazing books, they all look amazing, I had also hoped to re-read some series that I have recently acquired the third books in notably Veronica Rossi's Never Sky series, if I can I will, if not watch this space!

I also have lots of blog tours, cover reveals and book blasts coming up so I hope there is something for you this month!


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it and will make the time to come and visit your blog, maybe not today but soon as I am always behind!

Sorry due to lots of Spam I am moderating all comments - no spammers I don't want to buy whatever it is you are selling!

© Random Redheaded Ramblings | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig