Thursday, 10 July 2014

BLOG TOUR - Locks: Rapunzel Unhinged by Sarah J Pepper


Welcome to Day 10 on the 

Locks: Rapunzel Unhinged by Sarah J Pepper Blog Tour!!

I have for you my review and lots of kickass pics!!



Gunned down by the hottest killer in the history of the Badass Archives wasn’t exactly Rapunzel’s end-game. But when her reputable extraction skills fail, she uses unorthodox methods to gain her freedom from the Mercenary, whose icy blue eyes have serious panty-dropping capabilities. Even though most girls wouldn’t fall for their would-be assassin, Rapunzel isn’t like most dames. Her major girl-boner for the Mercenary is so pathetically intense it verges on clichĂ©.

Regardless, Rapunzel’s hands are tied. Love chooses its victims, not the other way around. She isn’t the stereotypical Damsel in Distress. Her Bad-Boy Prince Charming is a renowned mercenary, and her “Happy Ending” plays out like a bad movie. However, she is determined to find her freedom—love be damned—and she’ll do it in a fabulous pair of heels.




REVIEW

Thanks to Jenny @ Neverland Blog Tours for providing me with a copy in exchange for an honest review

So here's the thing I love the film Tangled, like really love it, I can quite happily watch it without my kids and Flynn Ryder well I almost wish he was a real man!  I was interested to see what this book would be like taking the Disney Rapunzel in my head and turning her in to a kick ass tattooed taking no prisoners type of dame!

It really is amazing, Sarah does a wonderful job of transforming Rapunzel or Zel as she is called in this from a helpless character and in to one you do not want to meet down a dark alleyway, she still has the hair I am glad to say but she has many other tricks up her sleeves.

She is trying to escape her tower, from the evil Taryn who is holding her captive, at the start of the book she escapes but is gunned down and capture by a mercernary - Flynn, a drod dead gorgeous mercernary.

Now I am not one for spoilers but this book plays out brilliantly with the love/hate relationship between Flynn and Zel, they have the attraction but is Flynn on Rapunzel's side?  Obviously we are all shouting for them to get together but the question is will Rapunzel get her fairy tale ending or will she continue to be locked in her tower?

A great take on the Rapunzel tale and it keeps you wanting more as the story continues, if you like your heroines sweet and submissive then this is not for you but if you like your heroines strong and feisty then you will love this, I did and I'm awarding it 4 out of 5










I specialize in dark, paranormal romance – think “happy ever after” but with a twisted, dark chocolate center. Real-life romance isn’t only filled with hugs, kisses, unicorns, and rainbows. True-love can be more thoroughly described in times of darkness and tribulation. It’s in those harsh moments where you see what a person is truly capable of – both the good and bad. Sometimes prince-charming isn’t always on time, and the glass slipper is a little snug. However, it doesn’t mean Charming is not Mr. Right, and who says every shoe is the perfect fit?

Links:



Barnes & Noble





Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it and will make the time to come and visit your blog, maybe not today but soon as I am always behind!

Sorry due to lots of Spam I am moderating all comments - no spammers I don't want to buy whatever it is you are selling!

© Random Redheaded Ramblings | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig