Sunday, 27 July 2014

REVIEW - Poppy does Paris by Nicola Doherty


Thank you to Headline for providing me with a copy in exchange for an honest review

To be honest these day I don't read much chick lit at all, in my younger days I devoured all things in this genre but as I have got older my tastes have broadened slightly however I have a soft spot still for this type of book, its my guilty pleasure and I was excited to read Poppy does Paris the first instalment in the Girls on Tour series, a five part novella series with interlinked characters from Nicola Doherty.

Poppy works in publishing and is sent to Paris to woo a famous author tagging along with her is Charlie her slightly younger and oh so slightly annoying colleague.  The thought of a trip to the infamous city of L'Amour feels her with dismay, it is the city of love, she currently has no man in her life and the man she is going to spend her time in Paris with drives her up the wall.

She does however come up with a plan, she will mix business with pleasure, she will have a few nights of fun with Charlie but of course things never go to plan despite the sexiest underwear known to man, he is more interested in watching sport on the tv instead of looking at Poppy.

A bright spark to her disastrous trip is the author she is in Paris to see, incredibly handsome, charismatic, he is the full package and also he is allegedly single, will Poppy's love life start to look up?

I just want to remind you that this is a novella, not a full length novel but it is a great story with touches of humour and romance plus the gorgeous setting of Paris, if you love your chick lit authors then this will be a great addition to your reading list.

Poppy does Paris is awarded 4 out of 5





Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it and will make the time to come and visit your blog, maybe not today but soon as I am always behind!

Sorry due to lots of Spam I am moderating all comments - no spammers I don't want to buy whatever it is you are selling!

© Random Redheaded Ramblings | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig