Friday, 15 August 2014

REVIEW - The Bookshop on the Corner by Rebecca Raisin


Thank you to Carina UK for providing me with a copy in exchange for an honest review

I have said it before, I will say it again but I am saying it now, Carina have the best covers ever, the most eye catching colourful covers that I have came across this year have all been from them, so well done Carina!

Now the Bookshop on the Corner is a little novella in Rebecca Raisin's Gingerbread Cafe world, this story is all about Sarah Smith owner of the bookshop of the title, to say she loves books is an understatement, she eats, sleeps and dreams about them, she almost feels a magical connection to them but is she living her life through her beloved books instead of in the real world?

Sarah's quiet life is interrupted one day by the arrival of a reporter from New York to her sleepy town, he is charmed by the beautiful area and also by Sarah.

Will she be charmed by this newcomer, will she start living her life outside her books or will she retreat to corner of her bookshop and let life pass her by?

This is such a charming romantic book but what I really loved was the description of the bookshop itself, you could almost feel the early morning rays of light showing up the dust on the books, the smell of the books themselves, it really sounded idyllic!

Awarded 4 out of 5


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it and will make the time to come and visit your blog, maybe not today but soon as I am always behind!

Sorry due to lots of Spam I am moderating all comments - no spammers I don't want to buy whatever it is you are selling!

© Random Redheaded Ramblings | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig