Sunday, 3 August 2014

REVIEW - One Hundred Proposals by Holly Martin


Thank you to Carina UK for providing me with a copy in exchange for an honest review

So after saying in a recent review that I haven't been reading much chick lit of late, I have been making up for it by reading some excellent novels including the 4 star Poppy does Paris by Nicola Doherty and the 5 star You had me at Merlot by Lisa Dickenson, I'm now adding to this list the brilliant and I honestly mean it One Hundred Proposals by Holly Martin.

Now before I tell you all about it, I have to give a huge thumbs up to Carina UK and their cover designers, they have the most eye catching colourful covers ever and I hope you agree with me that this one is just perfect.

So what is this novel all about, well its about a boy and a girl and the fact they love each other but never get around to telling each other, why? Well they are best friends, Suzie and Harry really are the best of friends, they work together running PerfectProposal.com a website that helps organise literally a perfect proposal.

They are so comfortable around each other, onesie wearing Suzie does not feel the need to get dressed up around the extremely handsome Harry, he has been her rock through her darkest hours notably the death of her brother but he is also a bit of a playboy enjoying the company of gorgeous women.  

Suzie is very much in love with him and when Harry decides to stage a 100 proposals over 100 days she struggles to keep her feelings in check, and some of the proposals are just amazing think hot air balloons, planes with banners and every romantic place on the planet!  

Harry is struggling too, he is madly in love with Suzie but he does not want to upset their close friendship by confessing his love to her but he comes up with amazing plan to show her how much she means to him.

One Hundred Proposals was such a fantastic read, from the start Holly has made it such an easy read to get in to, her characters are all extremely likeable, they feel like old friends and you really do feel yourself rooting for Suzie and Harry as they get closer and closer to revealing their feelings to one another, but will they?

This book is the perfect feel good read, if you are a hopeless romantic or even if you are an old cynic you should find the story of these two friends who are obviously meant for one another an enjoyable and a madly romantic read plus there are all those amazing proposals and locations to enjoy too!

One Hundred Proposals is awarded 5 out of 5






Share:

2 comments

  1. I've seen this book around a lot but never got around to buying it. It seems very romantic and I know I read a Christmas themed book by this author and it was very sweet. Must grab this one sometime.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it and will make the time to come and visit your blog, maybe not today but soon as I am always behind!

Sorry due to lots of Spam I am moderating all comments - no spammers I don't want to buy whatever it is you are selling!

© Random Redheaded Ramblings | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig