Monday, 25 August 2014

BLOG TOUR - Rival by Penelope Douglas

Welcome to the Blog Tour for Rival by New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Penelope Douglas



“We both grab at each other. He pulls me hard against him, and 

his mouth is all over mine. This isn’t like when Nate kissed me 

downstairs. Madoc feels real. Like nothing is planned. Everything is 

coming from his gut. This feels right.”


Madoc and Fallon. Two estranged teenagers playing games that push the boundaries between love and war

She's back.

For the three years she's been away at boarding school, there was no word from her. Back when we lived in the same house, she used to cut me down during the day and then leave her door open for me at night.

I was stupid then, but now I'm ready to beat her at her own game . . .

I'm back.

Three years and I can tell he still wants me, even if he acts like he's better than me.

But I won't be scared away. Or pushed down. I'll call his bluff and fight back. That's what he wants, right? As long as I keep my guard up, he'll never know how much he affects me . . .


There is a lot of love for the Fall Away series, I enjoyed this book but I think it would have helped me to have read the other books in this series to understand all the characters in Rival, however it is a good young adult read, Fans of the likes of Colleen Hoover and Abbi Glines will just adore this series.

The story revolves around Madoc and Fallon, step siblings with a very much love hate relationship which after several years apart has deteriorated, total polar opposites she is very much an emo kid where he is just your typical young guy.

They have a past which is very much coming back to haunt them, a past where they were very much involved with one another and Rival deals with how they cope with the fact that they still have feelings for one another and no matter how much they resist, they keep coming back to one another but their path is not going to be a a smooth one, they have lots of bumps in the road ahead - but you know me no spoilers!

This is an extremely sexy contemporary young adult novel , it has amazing chemistry, strong characters, jealousy and a whole lot of angst, I hope you enjoy it!

4 Stars!

Rival by Penelope Douglas (Piatkus) is now available as an eBook

Thank you to Piatkus for providing me with a copy


Praise for the Fall Away Series

‘I read this book in one sitting. Rival was as gripping as it was sexy!’

#1 New York Times bestselling author Colleen Hoover

‘Full of feeling and intensity that will appeal to the reader seeking an emotional rush’

IndieReader

‘I was really craving a book that would make me stop everything I was supposed to be doing and devour every word . . . and that's exactly what Bully did!’

Smitten Book Blog

‘A unique twist on the bad boy meets good girl tale. I could not put it down!’

Aestas Book Blog

‘She did something seasoned writers haven't been able to do - take a hero who was a complete ass and make me fall in love with him’

Scandalicious Book Reviews


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it and will make the time to come and visit your blog, maybe not today but soon as I am always behind!

Sorry due to lots of Spam I am moderating all comments - no spammers I don't want to buy whatever it is you are selling!

© Random Redheaded Ramblings | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig