Saturday, 16 August 2014

REVIEW - Beautiful Oblivion by Jamie McGuire


Thank you to Simon and Schuster for sending me a copy in exchange for an honest review

So in several hundred pages Jamie McGuire has left me with a major conundrum, is Trenton Maddox actually hotter than his brother Travis?

Well I will let you make your own decision on the Maddox brothers because if you loved Beautiful Disaster and Walking Disaster you need to read this book, like now!

Camille "Cami" Camlin does not have much time for anything except her work at The Red bar and studying at college, even her boyfriend T.J. is not much in her life but as he has moved to California she doesn't really have much choice with that one.

She loves him and wants their long distance relationship to work but he keeps letting her down and after one more phone call saying he can't make it, she finds herself out with her best friend and finds herself in the company of one Trenton Maddox.

Trenton like his brother is notorious, womanising, drinking, fighting you name it he is one bad boy but an accident in his past made him leave college and start working in a tattoo parlour, one night he finds himself drawn to Cami and even though she tells him she has a boyfriend he is persistent and the two start to become unlikely friends.

Beautiful Oblivion is I thought better than the two Disaster's and I loved them, Trenton seems a little but not much more grown up than Travis and he goes out of his way to try and become friends with Cami with a view in his eyes of becoming so much more, they share awkward moments and Cami realises she may be falling for this Maddox.

Will she throw away what she has with T.J. even though she barely sees him?  Cami and Trenton both have pasts and family problems but can they look past their problems and see a future together?

As for the ending, OMG did not see it coming, I am not going to spoil it for you but I actually had to read it twice just to make sure I had read it correctly!

This is beautifully written as is come to expect from Jamie, it's witty, sexy and thrilling, it makes me want to be 15 years younger! I also loved how the story from the Disaster's intermingled with this one and you saw it from a fresh perspective.

Once more she has proved the Maddox brothers are worth hearing about and she has only told us about two of them, I hope the other boys get their stories told!

Beautiful Oblivion is awarded 5 out of 5




Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it and will make the time to come and visit your blog, maybe not today but soon as I am always behind!

Sorry due to lots of Spam I am moderating all comments - no spammers I don't want to buy whatever it is you are selling!

© Random Redheaded Ramblings | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig