Wednesday, 29 October 2014

BLOG TOUR - Underleaf by Gina Dickerson


Hello and welcome to my blog tour stop for Gina Dickerson's Underleaf, an excellent collection of stories that will chill your spine and make you sleep with the light on!

Perfect for Halloween!



A house with a disturbing secret, jealousy which turns deadly, heartbreak in more ways than one, and people who aren’t quite what they seem make up a few of the sixteen stories within this collection.Turn the pages and discover that there is more to each tale as you venture Underleaf…
I always make the fatal mistake of reading books like this late at night in the dark on my Kindle, I should know better by now, I really should!
Underleaf is a delightful collection that will take you on a journey through sixteen different stories, each unique and each as spine-chilling as the next, Gina has a great way with words and managed to scare me under my covers several times whilst reading this plus it also made me have that moment at particular scary bits where I drop my Kindle and peer in to the dark expecting a hooded madman to have just turned up in my bedroom, eeeek!

The thing about story collections is sometimes they are not consistent, you get a couple that are great and the rest are mediocre but Gina has managed to keep me reading all the way through by continually pulling more magic out of her hat.

I also forgot to mention the ace little illustrations that head up each new story giving you a humorous taste of whats in store for you!

I've enjoyed this collection and I highly recommend it to you, let me know what you think!

Awarded 5 out of 5

Thank you to Jenny at Neverland Blog Tours for providing me with a copy in exchange for an 
honest review!



Gina Dickerson lives by the Thanet coast on the north-eastern tip of Kent, in the UK, with her family and playful Siberian husky. She is a full-time author and writes romantic suspense with a twist, horror, and fantasy because her characters refuse to play nice and wind up with more than a few bone-rattling skeletons in their closets.

She is the author of the murderous romantic suspense novels Lies Love Tells and Unveiling Christmas, the twisted short story collection, Underleaf, as well as the fantasy, adventurous romance series Mortiswood Tales – the first in the series being Mortiswood: Kaelia Awakening. She has also written fashion and shopping columns for a local newspaper.

When she’s not writing, Gina loves rummaging in vintage clothes shops, taking way too many photographs, and leafing through fashion glossies.

Links:








Share:

2 comments

  1. Thanks for joining the tour, Heather! I am really pleased you enjoyed the stories, and that they had their desired effect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They certainly did!!, note to self "Don't read in the dark"!!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it and will make the time to come and visit your blog, maybe not today but soon as I am always behind!

Sorry due to lots of Spam I am moderating all comments - no spammers I don't want to buy whatever it is you are selling!

© Random Redheaded Ramblings | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig