Tuesday, 25 November 2014

REVIEW - Bully by Penelope Douglas


Title: Bully (Fall Away Series #1)
Author: Penelope Douglas
Publisher: Piatkus Books
Release Date: 6th November 2014 (UK Paperback)


Thank you to Piatkus for sending me a copy in exchange for an honest review

A few months back I was given the chance to read Rival by Penelope Douglas, I really enjoyed the story but as I had jumped in a couple books in to the series I was a tiny bit lost as to who all the characters where, something I have now rectified in reading this brilliant book, the first in the Fall Away series - Bully.

Tate and Jared have been friends for a long time, best friends and next door neighbours but after a summer away at his fathers, a teenage Jared comes home a changed boy, his friendship with Tate a distant memory as he turns against her, starting rumours, playing pranks just being plain nasty to her, something that she can't understand having done nothing wrong.

Tate doesn't have to suffer him for much longer she is off to France for a year, leaving the now totally obnoxious man whore behind but she won't be away forever.

On her return she is a changed girl, no longer taking any shit from anyone, she takes Jared's best friend Madoc down a peg by humiliating him in the cafeteria, she is not scared of him or his friend but she still finds him to be a total pain but little by little cracks start to appear in his bullish armour, he seems to be looking out for her but Tate does not want to let him in at all.

As the book progresses you definitely start to see a more caring of side of Jared but he still messes with Tate's mind, the question is will Tate forgive him for treating her like dirt, will she discover the motives behind his change in character?

Uh, this book is hot! Jared is gorgeous and a complete rat bag to start with but as the pages turn you can see him turning in to a very hot young man, he does make some stupid decisions but ultimately his motive seems to be to have Tate's back even if he has a daft way of showing it.  

Will she let him back in?

The couples chemistry throws sparks from the pages, making it an extremely sexy read, Penelope has done a great job bringing such intense feelings to the pages and it makes for an amazing read, I'm so glad I went back to book one to fill me in on the characters I read about in Rival.

Awarded 5 out of 5


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it and will make the time to come and visit your blog, maybe not today but soon as I am always behind!

Sorry due to lots of Spam I am moderating all comments - no spammers I don't want to buy whatever it is you are selling!

© Random Redheaded Ramblings | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig