Wednesday, 12 November 2014

REVIEW - Doctor Who: Lights Out by Holly Black


Thank You to Penguin/Random House Childrens for providing me with a copy in exchange for an honest review

So what have we all thought of Peter Capaldi as the legendary Doctor?  

I for one have really enjoyed his portrayal of my favourite Time Lord, and his magnificent eyebrows and expressive face!,  now over the year I have dipped in to various books written by several famous authors that have provided me with even more adventures with the Doctor and chums but to be honest not all of them have been perfect, will Lights Out written by US Bestselling author Holly Black be any different?

Thankfully it is, as well as featuring the Doctor it also features one of my other favourite things - coffee!  The Doctor is not the main character, the main character is a lonely traveller who leads a solitary existence transporting intergalactic coffee beans, scared of the dark, our traveller just wants to be alone with the lights on,

This short story focuses on mysterious deaths at the Intergalactic Coffee Roasting Station, it is a very quick tale but I really enjoyed it, Holly has done a great job of getting our latest Doctor down to a tee and for all of you pining since the end of this last series this should quench your thirst until he comes back on our screens at Christmas.

Awarded 4 out of 5


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it and will make the time to come and visit your blog, maybe not today but soon as I am always behind!

Sorry due to lots of Spam I am moderating all comments - no spammers I don't want to buy whatever it is you are selling!

© Random Redheaded Ramblings | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig