Tuesday, 23 December 2014

BOOK BLITZ - Rival Hearts by Natalie Decker


Released today the second novel in the Rival Love series, Rival Hearts!

Below I have an exclusive excerpt for you to enjoy!


Caleb is ticked off. Skylar hasn’t answered any of his calls, texts, or emails since her move to New York, virtually cutting him out of her life without warning. So Caleb decides to go after her—and convince her to come back home. 

But even when Skylar realizes her heart does belong at home with Caleb, her uncertainty lingers. Is it safe? Have things changed? 

After the mysterious vandalism to the pool at Delmont High, everyone is desperate for answers they believe Skylar can provide. At first, she’s determined not to run. But when Caleb’s ex-girlfriend unleashes a vengeful surprise, Sky's love for Caleb is threatened. 

Are these two rival hearts ready to fight for their love, or will they have to throw in the towel? 


“The pool’s finally reopened. There’s a bunch of security cameras in place.” Kayla shudders. “I feel like we’re in prison.”
Lance and I glance around and sure enough, there are cameras all over the commons. “Holy crap. When did they do all this and with what money?” Lance asks.
Our school is low on funds thanks to the last superintendent. He stole a shit-ton of money. A lot of programs are affected by it.
Derrick comes up to our table and slams his tray down. “I don’t have wrestling practice anymore.”
“Cool, wanna come over and watch the Colts game with us?” Lance says.
Derrick narrows his eyes. “No. I mean I’m not wrestling this season. No one is. Coach told us today our shit got cut.” He looks over at Kayla. “Your team is probably next up on the chopping block.”
Kayla gasps. Lance pulls her in for a hug, but we all know Derrick is probably right. They told Skylar as much. If Sky joined the Delmont High swim team and played softball this year, it was supposed to help save our programs. A number of scouts were scheduling meetings to meet Skylar, and our school needed this in order to get extra funds. Everything was going well—Sky agreed to swim and trained with Kayla, but on the day of their swim meet, the school’s pool was trashed in our rival team’s colors. Harris Academy. The same school Skylar used to attend, making everyone believe it was her who did it and causing her to leave for New York to live with her father.
Lance sighs. “You’ve got to call her.”
“I’ve tried calling. She doesn’t want to talk to me.”
“Call who?” Derrick starts.
I look down at my lap and mutter, “Don’t worry about it.”
“I hope you don’t mean the Bulldog.”
Instead of ignoring his snide remarks as usual I shoot him a glare. Then I instantly realize how pointless that is and shake my head. I can’t talk to him about this. He thinks I’m crazy for liking her in the first place. He knows she didn’t mess up the pool but he swears she’s covering for someone. And maybe she is. She’s not talking. Not that she’s the kind of person to tell on anyone anyway.
One thing is for certain: I miss her like crazy. Winter break can’t come fast enough. Five more days and I’ll be able to go off to New York, see that gorgeous face of hers, and try to convince her to come back home with me.
Kayla sighs and drops her head to Lance’s shoulder. He ruffles her blondish hair and she laughs, but the interaction makes me miss Sky so much more.
So I try texting her again.
Me: Hey you.
Three minutes pass and no response. I’m heading up to my sixth period class when my phone buzzes. I yank it out and pray it’s a response from her. My smile instantly changes when I read:
Free 2 liter Coke and Medium Breadsticks with one Lg. one topping pizza.
Normally, pizza specials excite me, but today, it just makes me pissed.
Why isn’t she answering me? Has she moved on, or am I just going insane?

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it and will make the time to come and visit your blog, maybe not today but soon as I am always behind!

Sorry due to lots of Spam I am moderating all comments - no spammers I don't want to buy whatever it is you are selling!

© Random Redheaded Ramblings | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig