Monday, 23 February 2015

REVIEW - My Japanese Husband Thinks I'm Crazy Vol 1 & 2 by Grace Buchele Mineta

 
Purchased on Amazon!

I'm a little bit crazy obsessed with all things Japanese, from their beautiful and occasionally bonkers food (they have so many flavours of KitKat!) to their amazing street fashion, I have Pinterest boards devoted to this amazing country and when I'm not pinning about it, when I have time I love to read books from authors who have upped sticks and moved there such as Sam Baldwin's For Fukui's Sake.

My Japanese Husband Thinks I'm Crazy popped up on my recommendation list over this weekend and as an added bonus it was FREE!! Not only that the follow up My Japanese Husband (still) Thinks I'm Crazy was also FREE!! Commence download!!  Now unfortunately for you guys it is no longer free but it is a great read and well worth your pennies!

So tell me what is all about? Well reader let us start on the first book.  My Japanese Husband Thinks I'm Crazy is a collection of insanely cute comics and personal insights in to the daily cultural obstacles that come with moving with your spouse to another country, our couple are Grace and Ryosuke Mineta, she is originally from Texas and has moved to Japan with her Japanese husband Ryosuke.  Oh and I better not forget her super cute friend and imaginary rabbit Marvin (yes I said imaginary!!).

The comic strips depicts every day life for the Mineta's as they adjust to being a married couple and of course finding out about each other which means finding out each others annoying habits!

Grace seems so incredibly down to earth and has married literally the most understanding man on the planet, there does not seem to be a comic featuring him being cross!  This is a fantastic collection and if you love Japan as much as I do (and that is considering I have never visited the country) you will love this great insight in to married life in a foreign country.

Awarded 5 out of 5


Following on from book one, Grace and Ryosuke are back with another humorous look at married life in Japan.  This time we venture in to celebrating what we in the UK and USA think as holidays, how are they celebrated in Japan, Christmas and New Years plus Valentine's Day all a little different.


Marvin the rabbit is also back giving Grace the benefit of his wealth of experience in just about every subject, the drawings are still so cute and really express how Grace and Ryosuke feel 
life in Japan plus I see so much of my own relationship in theirs such as when you see something in the fridge is out of date and you have every intention of getting it later but hey if your partner gets their first (which you know they will!!) then that is ok!

Once again if you love all things Japanese then this you will really enjoy this book plus you can follow Grace at Texan in Tokyo

Awarded 5 out of 5

Buy your copy from Amazon.co.uk



Share:

2 comments

  1. Thank you so much :)
    I'm so glad to hear you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly did, am avidly following your blog now!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it and will make the time to come and visit your blog, maybe not today but soon as I am always behind!

Sorry due to lots of Spam I am moderating all comments - no spammers I don't want to buy whatever it is you are selling!

© Random Redheaded Ramblings | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig