Monday, 16 February 2015

BLOG TOUR - Obsession in Death by J.D. Robb


Thank you to Little Brown for providing me with a copy in exchange for an honest review

It is my favourite time of the year, yes that's right Eve and Roarke are back in another outstandingly brilliant thriller.

I do love the In Death series, some book series can be brilliant to start with and then the next book comes out and it is ok, then another book and it's a bit "Meh", not the In Death series, I have read about the first twenty books and all of them are great, the good thing about this series is like me you can jump forward several books and not feel lost.  

The series is my go to read, when I am on planes or trains this is what will be on my kindle and when I am looking for a read that will entertain me I know J.D. Robb will guarantee me a good time!

So our bad ass NYPSD Lt Eve Dallas is back, not forgetting her buff billionaire Irish eye candy hubby Roarke what does NYC have to throw at her?  A fan, an obsessed fan.

Arriving at a homicide Eve is greeted with the body of someone she has crossed (literally very cross, you know how Dallas is!)paths in the past , Leanore Bastwick and above the body is a message to Eve from her "True and Loyal Friend", a killer who is making it very personal.  The message is one of justice, this person has killed as a righting of a wrong that Bastwick has done Dallas.

Who is the vigilante murderer and why is Eve his or her target?

Eve very ably assisted by her team sets out to find their killer but can they catch them before they strike again?  The usual suspects are all here Peabody, McNab along with Feeney, Mira and Mavis, in the case of Mavis you have an enjoyable scene with her daughter and her Auntie Eve where Eve's awkwardness around children is very obvious.

This book is the very familiar but very wanted winning mix of murder, suspense, romance and humour, it will keep you guessing till the end, I love this series (as I may have mentioned!) and I am not tiring of it, I hope Eve and Roarke continue to investigate their way in to my life for a very long time.

Awarded 5 out of 5




Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it and will make the time to come and visit your blog, maybe not today but soon as I am always behind!

Sorry due to lots of Spam I am moderating all comments - no spammers I don't want to buy whatever it is you are selling!

© Random Redheaded Ramblings | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig