Monday, 9 March 2015

BEAUTY REVIEW: Becoming a grown up with the Look Fantastic March Beauty Box!

Now I thought I would introduce a new range of posts for 2015 (bit late I mean it's March!!) in which I become a grown up at the ripe old age of 36 and start to explore in more detail the world of beauty.

I used to be reasonably interested in beauty during my twenties when I had a disposable income and no kids but over the last eight years my kids have taken priority over any proper skin regime or any daily interest in doing my make up, don't get me wrong I have still treated myself to the odd occasional nice mascara or a nice bottle of Aveda shampoo but I haven't been consistent.

So now my babies are grown up and can be trusted not to break anything without me watching them 24 hours a day I have decided I really need to kick myself up the backside and start taking better care of my skin and trying to look less like the walking dead.

I have used Look Fantastic before buying the aforementioned Aveda shampoo and whilst having a perusal on their site I came across their Look Fantastic Beauty Box I have seen many different boxes of this type advertised, namely the Birch Box and the You Beauty box but I like Look Fantastic and their great site so I decided to treat myself!

The box itself was £15 for its six products and with a potential value of £70+ it was a no brainer, I ordered it up!  Order button pressed and all I had to do was sit back and wait for it to come through the post!  


And this is what came!  A beautiful big box which inside was tissue wrapped and filled with lots of black shredded paper, nestled amongst it was half a dozen beauty treats!  

First of all the box was great, it was a nice strong box, the sort that you could happily re-use after and inside the lid it invites you to Discover Something Beautiful....



So what was inside?

Well I had the following, a Cowshed Lippy Cow lip balm, a Wet Brush, a Lord & Berry Eye Pencil, a Nudestix Magnetic Colour Eye Shadow, a Bliss FatGirl Slim cream and a Caudalie Anti Wrinkle Defense Serum.  Lots to try and experiment with!


Bliss's FatGirl Slim is famous in beauty circles and this pot is worth £10.40, I am especially looking forward to using it, it promises to make your skin look and feel firmer plus more toned, now after two kids this is something I want!  It smells divine, sometimes these creams promise the earth but smell so horrid you would never want to use them on your body.  

Now the Lippy Cow lip balm by Cowshed I have used (worth £5), it smells absolutely gorgeous and glides on beautifully, it is a nourishing balm with essential oils of linden blossom, rose geranium and ylang ylang, I have a bit of a lip balm obsession (the one consistent beauty fix I have kept up) and this is going straight to the top as my new favourite!


I still feel like a kid raiding my mum's make up box when I try and put on makeup, I can manage mascara but when I try and do something different with my eyeshadow I just feel like a clown! The Nudestix Magnetic Eye Colour Pencil is great (worth £24), it is a no brainer, easy to use pencil, you just sweep it on and it looks great straight away, I was brave and tried using it also as a primer as it mentions in the blurb it primes lids for all day use, sweeping a darker colour on top of it I was happy to see my eyeshadow lasted all day.

The Lord & Berry Kajal Eye Pencil I haven't used yet but once I am more confident with my makeup I have great ideas of having beautifully lined eyes!  It is a good quality pencil and it looks like it will go on easily!


Now I don't know the value of this sample of Caudalie Anti Wrinkle Defense Serum but a 30ml bottle is £35 as I near 40 wrinkles are something that concern me, I think I look reasonably young (!!) but if I can keep the wrinkles at bay by using a good quality product I will, I am going to incorporate this in to my skin care regime this week and hope it will make me look a least a year younger!


Lastly is the Wet Brush (worth £7.99), now I have used this on my hair and the kids hair and it does what it says on the tin, which is it detangles wet hair easily, it is handbag sized and the bristles are incredibly gentle which was great for the kids as they freak out getting their hair brushed, looking on the Look Fantastic site it comes in lots of different colours.

So all in all I was really pleased with the beauty box, when you don't know what is coming there is that slight panic that the box will be full of useless stuff but I do like a surprise and this was pleasant one, everything I can use and I am looking forward to using it.  

The £15 I spent was definitely money well spent when you add up the cost of all the individual items.  I'm looking forward to trying April's box!

If you have used any of the products I would love to hear how you have got on with them and stay with me throughout the year as I come back with my trials and tribulations of being a grown up!

#LFBEAUTYBOX

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it and will make the time to come and visit your blog, maybe not today but soon as I am always behind!

Sorry due to lots of Spam I am moderating all comments - no spammers I don't want to buy whatever it is you are selling!

© Random Redheaded Ramblings | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig