Friday, 17 April 2015

ART REVIEW - Derwent Inktense 24 Ink Pencils


You may have noticed of late that between my book reviews I have been sneaking in some reviews of the gorgeous grown up colouring books that are available out there.  Well I have been overwhelmed at how well received they have been and today I thought I might share with you what I have been using on these books to bring them to life.

I have many different pencils and pens that I alternate depending on the book I fancy doing and my mood (and the thickness of the paper) but the pencils I use the most tend to be Derwent.  I have been using their metallic pencils, coloursoft and most recently their Inktense pencils which a good friend gave to me as a birthday present last year.


Inktense can be used with water to create stunning effects but I have only used them dry and with 24 colours in this tin to choose from I find they have been perfect for my exploration of Johanna Basford's Enchanted Forest and because I am very traditional my leaves are shades of green and Inktense has a great variety of greens to choose from.


The pencils themselves are great and comfortable to use.  It is very easy to get different intensities of colour from them too, below you will see my use of the green pencils lightly on the Enchanted Forest book, now I am not an artist by any stretch of the imagination, but I think the pencils make a fantastic job.


All in all these are beautiful pencils, presentation is everything to me and I love the tin they come in.  Of course if you are much more organised I believe you can buy fancy cases to put your pencils in, I'm not so they are staying in the tin.

I hope you enjoy your colouring adventures as much as me, it truly is pure escapism and so much fun, I'd love to hear from you if you have used these wet!





Share:

1 comment

  1. Hi Heather. Love your reviews. In reply to your invitation to anyone who uses the inktense with water I have a video on Youtube of me speed painting a picture in The Magical City with them I also have plenty of pictures on my blog at www.la-artistino.com which i have done with them. Activating the pencils with water makes the colour explode!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eiVEbJUcac

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it and will make the time to come and visit your blog, maybe not today but soon as I am always behind!

Sorry due to lots of Spam I am moderating all comments - no spammers I don't want to buy whatever it is you are selling!

© Random Redheaded Ramblings | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig