Sunday, 17 May 2015

REVIEW - Fairy Tale Colouring Book by Tomoko Tashiro


Purchased on Amazon.co.uk

This beautiful book for me is a combination of two of my favourite obsessions, colouring and all things Japanese!  Whilst window shopping on Amazon for some new things to add to my colouring wish list I came across this book and bypassing the wish list I pre-ordered it straight away.

I was excited to receive it at the beginning of the month but it was pushed back a couple of weeks and I just received it this week but it was worth the wait.

The style of the book is similar to the likes of Johanna Basford and Millie Marotta in that it has a removable jacket alas this one is not double sided but the back I feel could be filled in with some lovely pens.

The inside of the book is wonderful, the pages are thick and so far I have only used Sakura Gellyroll pens on it and they have not bled through the pages.  There is an intro to the book (see below) which I presume is giving you some handy tips, I don't know it is in Japanese!


The book beautifully covers the popular fairy tales, Rapunzel, Sleeping Beauty, The Snow Queen to name a few and the illustrations are just gorgeous.  Some are very intricate and other are big and bold, there is plenty to choose from which you will see below, sorry for the quality of pics!

As I said above I have use mostly gel pens on this but I'm going try it out with pencils tonight, I think they will look awesome, I almost don't want to colour in just in case I spoil it!

An added bonus, if you are good at Japanese, the fairy tales are retold for you at the end of the book!

All in all this is beautiful, the language barrier is not a problem as before with my collection of French books it really doesn't matter as the pictures do all the talking!  A great addition to your collection.









Random Redheaded Ramblings
Share:

4 comments

  1. I have been looking at these adult coloring books, they are so fun! I will have to get one soon!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are incredible fun and totally my guilty pleasure!

      Delete
  2. Still waiting for mine, but the Midnight one arrived this morning so will bring it on Saturday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just went in to my comments box and had loads but no notifications! Yes bring Midnight so I can have a nosey!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it and will make the time to come and visit your blog, maybe not today but soon as I am always behind!

Sorry due to lots of Spam I am moderating all comments - no spammers I don't want to buy whatever it is you are selling!

© Random Redheaded Ramblings | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig