Wednesday, 27 May 2015

Waiting on Wednesday - You're Never Weird On The Internet (almost) by Felicia Day


Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that everyone’s talking about!


You're Never Weird On The Internet (almost) by Felicia Day
Hardcover: 288 pages
Publisher: Sphere (13 Aug. 2015)
Language: English

The Internet isn't all cat videos. There's also Felicia Day - violinist, filmmaker, Internet entrepreneur, compulsive gamer and former lonely homeschooled girl who overcame her isolated childhood to become the ruler of a new world . . . or at least semi-influential in the world of Internet geeks and Goodreads book clubs.

After growing up in the south where she was 'homeschooled for hippie reasons', Felicia moved to Hollywood to pursue her dream of becoming an actress and was immediately typecast as a crazy cat-lady secretary. But Felicia's misadventures in Hollywood led her to produce her own web series, own her own production company and become an Internet star.

Felicia's short-ish life and her rags-to-riches rise to Internet fame launched her career as one of the most influential creators in new media. Now, Felicia's strange world is filled with thoughts on creativity, video games, and a dash of mild feminist activism - just like her memoir.

Hilarious and inspirational, You're Never Weird on the Internet (Almost) is proof that everyone should embrace what makes them different and be brave enough to share it with the world, because anything is possible now - even for a digital misfit.



I totally have a girl crush on Felicia Day, she is a redhead (like me!), she is a compulsive gamer (like me!), she is huge in my beloved geek world (not like me!), she is awesome!!

She's great in a Town Called Eureka (or I think it could just be Eureka across the pond), plus she gets to be on screen with my boys Sam and Dean in Supernatural and I think this will be a brilliant look at her life, she seems to have a whole lot going on and  it looks like it is well worth reading (plus there might be some pics of Dean Winchester!)


Random Redheaded Ramblings


Share:

10 comments

  1. I love Felicia Day. She's hilarious. And she's totally nerdy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is great, she is Queen of the Nerds!!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a fun read! Thanks for sharing, and thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it is! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Hahah! This is interesting. I haven't read any of her books. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neither have I, only seen her on the net and TV, She's awesome!

      Delete
  4. That's what I was wondering where I have seen her?! oh I am a huge fan of Supernatural and Jensen Ackles had even posted a picture of her on IG! She sounds cool! New follower via Bloglovin'
    here is my WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by!! I love Supernatural too especially Jensen!!

      Delete
  5. I love Felicia Day! How cool that she has a book coming out soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot wait! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it and will make the time to come and visit your blog, maybe not today but soon as I am always behind!

Sorry due to lots of Spam I am moderating all comments - no spammers I don't want to buy whatever it is you are selling!

© Random Redheaded Ramblings | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig