Friday, 5 June 2015

#FF Feature and Follow Friday - Movie Adaptations


Hello! This is my first time taking part in Feature and Follow Friday, it is blog hopping meme hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read, it helps book bloggers get to know each other.

Each week there is a featured blogger that we get to know, this week it is The Darling Bookworm, you can read her interview here 


Also each week there is a featured question, this week it has been posed by Girl of 1000 Wonders and is....


How would you pitch to the biz to make your favorite book into a movie?


If you want to take part and want more details visit either
Parajunkee or Alison Can Read and they explain it so much better than me, but if you know what you are doing grab the button and join the linky below!


So the book I'd like to pitch is Wool by Hugh Howey, the awesome Silo Saga!  If you don't know what it is about read a little bit more about here.  What I would love to see on the screen is the vast silo, it sounds immense.

I have an idea in my head about what it looks like but I would love to see a good director make his make on it, maybe somebody visionary like Guillermo del Toro or Peter Jackson, somebody who can take Hugh Howey's 144 floors of subterranean, human misery and turn it in to a shiny screen gem.

The only problem with book to film adaptations is that so much is missed out to condense it in to a couple of hours.  Maybe it would be better staying a book!

What would you like to see reach the big screen?

I'd love to reach new followers on Bloglovin', click the button below to find me and I'll follow you back!


Random Redheaded Ramblings


Share:

6 comments

  1. WOW. I've just read your review of "Wool", plus a couple of others on Goodreads, and this SURE sounds like a riveting tale! I think you're right -- it would make a great movie! It would be important, though, for the filmmakers to get the silo thing right. Also, the characters have to be true to the book (and the sequels, too).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is going to be a movie, so excited just found out today! I just hope they do a good adaptation, fingers crossed! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. P.S. Thanks so much for commenting on my FF post, and following me on Bloglovin'! I'm now following you back!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, Guillermo Del Toro is an amazing director! I'm sure he'd do well with turning a book into a movie, since he's so passionate about making quality films. Wool sounds amazing, by the way. I hadn't heard of it til now, but I definitely think it's a book I should check out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually found out today that it is getting made in to a film, unfortunately not with Del Toro at the healm but I cannot wait to see what it looks like! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it and will make the time to come and visit your blog, maybe not today but soon as I am always behind!

Sorry due to lots of Spam I am moderating all comments - no spammers I don't want to buy whatever it is you are selling!

© Random Redheaded Ramblings | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig