Wednesday, 3 June 2015

Waiting on Wednesday - Devoted in Death by JD Robb


Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that everyone’s talking about!

Devoted in Death by JD Robb
Hardcover: 384 pages
Publisher: Piatkus (10 Sept. 2015)

It's a new year in New York city, and two star-crossed lovers have just discovered an insatiable appetite...for murder.

Lieutenant Eve Dallas has witnessed some grisly crimes in her career and she knows just how dark things can get on the streets. But when a much-loved musician is found dead, Eve soon realises that his murder is part of a horrifying killing spree, stretching right across the country.

Now the killers have reached New York, and they've found themselves another victim. Eve knows she only has a couple of days to save a young girl's life, and to stop the killers before their sadistic games escalate. Eve's husband Roarke is ready to put his brains and his considerable resources behind the search. But even as the couple works closely together, time is running out...



I love the In Death series, Eve Dallas and Rourke are just fabulous!

The great thing about this series is that you can, I feel, read each book as a stand alone.  I have read the first twenty books then I jumped to book 39 (obviously planning to go back and read 21 to 38) without any problem, each book has a crime to solve, plenty of twists, turns, action and humour, oh and did I mention it is set in our near future!

Have you read this series, what did you think?


Random Redheaded Ramblings


Share:

10 comments

  1. I just learned lately that this is Brown's pen name? Everyone loves the books, I haven't read a single one of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nora Roberts writes as JD Robb, it is such a great series! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Ack. I'm only working on the second book, but I do adore what I've read so far! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have a lot of great books ahead of you! Enjoy!

      Delete
  3. Crime is not my genre, but they sound good, and I'm glad you enjoy the series so much. I think it's hard for an author to keep the readers interested in over 20 books! I think I might recommend this to a crime lover I know. Thanks for stepping by and sharing! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is definitely a good series but of course not for everyone! Thanks so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. This sounds like it will be a great read! I can't handle crime stories, but if I did this would definitely be on my list. Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a fantastic series and so much more than just a crime story, its excellent! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Sounds like my type of book, and glad you can read each one on it's own, because I have to catch up on like 12334 series's, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you, it is nice that each one can be read without prior knowledge, but the series is awesome, well worth reading!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it and will make the time to come and visit your blog, maybe not today but soon as I am always behind!

Sorry due to lots of Spam I am moderating all comments - no spammers I don't want to buy whatever it is you are selling!

© Random Redheaded Ramblings | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig