Wednesday, 17 June 2015

Waiting on Wednesday - A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms by George R. R. Martin


Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that everyone’s talking about!

Hardcover: 400 pages

Publisher: Harper Voyager (6 Oct. 2015)
Language: English


Almost a century before A GAME OF THRONES, two unlikely heroes wandered Westeros… A KNIGHT OF THE SEVEN KINGDOMS compiles the first three official prequel novellas to George R.R. Martin’s ongoing masterwork, A Song of Ice and Fire.

Before Tyrion Lannister and Podrick Payne there was Dunk and Egg. A young, na├»ve but courageous hedge knight, Ser Duncan the Tall towers above his rivals – in stature if not experience.

Tagging along with him is his diminutive squire, a boy called Egg – whose true identity must be hidden from all he and Dunk encounter: for in reality he is Aegon Targaryen, and one day he will be king. Improbable heroes though they be, great destinies lay ahead for Dunk and Egg; as do powerful foes, royal intrigue, and outrageous exploits.

A KNIGHT OF THE SEVEN KINGDOMS brings together for the first time the first three official prequel novellas to George R.R. Martin’s ongoing masterwork, A Song of Ice and Fire, set in an age when the Targaryen line still holds the Iron Throne, and the memory of the last dragon has not yet passed from living memory.

Featuring more than 160 illustrations by Gary Gianni, one of the finest fantasy artists of our time, this beautiful volume will transport readers to the world of the Seven Kingdoms in an age of bygone chivalry.



So I have just watched the last episode of GOT, did you? What did you think (being vague please just in case there are people catching up - you know what I'm talking about!), anyway I am bereft. 

Why?

Well, this series was very close to the bone, intense, horrible during some episodes but still I watch as I enjoy the books and I love that scamp Tyrion!


Anyway it could be years until the next instalment of a Song of Ice and Fire is out, so this new book, a prequel I believe will quench my thirst for Westeros.

Will you be reading it? What are you waiting on this week?

Random Redheaded Ramblings


Share:

14 comments

  1. Oh gosh. Wish I could get into these books. I hope you'll enjoy, anyway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a lot of them! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Awesome pick, couldn't have chosen better myself :) and ugh, that finale though! Even the book had quite similar ending, I still was flabbergasted because it was so much more visual than in the book! But I have an itch that everything is going to be fine.. I hope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That finale was, urgh!, sad! It was very visual and loads more violent than I remember! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I think this looks great. I've read these stories before, but it's nice to have them collecyed in one, and frankly I don't remember a lot of details. This should quench a lot of Game of Thrones withdrawal- since as you say, the next book might be out a ways yet. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it keeps my thirst quenched!!

      Delete
  4. Sounds like fun! I haven't read (or seen) A Game of Thrones, but I am definitely curious. Thanks for sharing....prequels are often a wonderful addition to a book.

    Here's mine: “SECRET SISTERS”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a fantastic series but can be hard going! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. I haven’t read any of the books, but I do love the TV show (THAT FINALE OMG). Seriously need to start the series though. Great WoW pick! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That finale was brilliant and sad! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. Okay, so I have until Oct to catch up on the books (I've been stuck on book 2 for a while, haha). But I'm liking the title of this one! Hope you enjoy it when it comes out! Thanks for sharing (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG, you have a lot to read! Hope you manage it all by October!

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it and will make the time to come and visit your blog, maybe not today but soon as I am always behind!

Sorry due to lots of Spam I am moderating all comments - no spammers I don't want to buy whatever it is you are selling!

© Random Redheaded Ramblings | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig