Saturday, 11 July 2015

The A to Z of Dystopia #3 - C is for Camping


Hey! Welcome to week 3 of my A to Z of Dystopia!


If this is your first week I better tell what I am trying to do!

I am going to pick one subject from the Dystopian genre, it may be a person, it may be an event, it may be something useful but it will relate to dystopian books that I have been inspired by.

So each week I shall ramble on and on and on, we have had already the letter A and letter B, this week it is the turn of C!

What is it going to be?.....(drum roll..........)

The suspense.....






So now you may be asking WTF has camping got to do with the end of modern civilisation as we know it?

Camping is something that features in loads of dystopian books, with buildings reduced to rubble and dust, our plucky characters are usually made to camp out in forests, under bridges, up trees or in an occasional building that is still standing.


Doesn't it look fun!


All that fresh air!


The wonderful sounds of nature!


Zombies wandering freely..



I hate camping, I have done it twice whilst attending a music festival back in my younger years when necessities such as a nice hot shower, clean toilets, access to electricity and good food where lower down my list of priorities.


My aim for the apocalypse is to try and get myself near a hotel that hopefully stands a good chance of not being reduced to ash, preferably a Hilton hotel but I'd settle for Holiday Inn and then I have lots of nice clean beds to sleep in, no horrible bugs and twigs in your back.


But if access to your local Hilton is not available due to Nuclear explosion or being over-run with zombies, you are going to have to improvise (obviously I am taking in to account the fact your house is also outta bounds!) to survive.

But how?

How about heading to the forest and popping up one of these? 


Looks easy right?


OK, maybe not that then, maybe we should find someone who knows what to do.


Totally perfect!

Now we need some basic essentials (just basic as the main essentials will make up another letter in my alphabet!!)


A lot of the books, I won't name and shame, I read have the heroines go from pampered to pro-camper in the blink of an eye, I would struggle.  It takes me all my time to make my bed never mind a camp.


Let me be serious for a minute, until the shit hits that fan, unless you are Bear Grylls or one of those fellas you are going to struggle.

You may end up sleeping in a car or a bus, you may luck out and find a nice prison like the gang from The Walking Dead or you may end up sleeping under a bush, whatever happens it will be difficult.

My solution?

Read as many dystopian novels as possible for tips and tricks!!



What would your letter C in the dystopian alphabet be?

I did consider....

Couture (seriously, it is a thing, look up Pinterest!)

Conspiracy

Comet

Crazies

Cannibals


Book recommendations for dystopian novels with epic camping in would be appreciated!!!

Next week the letter D! 

D is for.........




Random Redheaded Ramblings


Share:

2 comments

  1. "Cans" - That's all I've got! Lots and lots of canned food. Canned butter, canned toothpaste, canned everything!!!

    This is hard! I don't envy this task ahead of you but this is fabulous!!! Camping does fit perfectly. We will be living in our cars.

    D is for Death!!! Duh!! or "dum dum dum" - that ominous music that plays during scary movies. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. C was hard to be honest!! I have it all mapped out but some letters have more options than others!!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it and will make the time to come and visit your blog, maybe not today but soon as I am always behind!

Sorry due to lots of Spam I am moderating all comments - no spammers I don't want to buy whatever it is you are selling!

© Random Redheaded Ramblings | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig