Saturday, 18 July 2015

ABOUT ME! - The Bucket List - Forty thing to do before turning 40!


I follow a great British site called the Purple Pumpkin Blog and this week Michelle posted her Forty before 40. A list of the wonderful things she wants to do before turning the big 4-0!!

This totally inspired me to get my bucket list down in writing! I have always had one locked away in my head but to put it out there on the net also gives me the kick in the arse needed to get some of things on it done.

I turn 40 in November 2018, so I have a few years to achieve these things, My list is a purely selfish, I obviously have a list of wants and dreams for my family, and of course some of these things on my list will involve them.  But to be honest my kids have no interest in some of things I have on the list!

So without further ado and in no particular order lets look at my 40!

  1.  Visit Hobbiton in New Zealand
  2. Visit Area 51, as I am nerdy like that!
  3. Go to an actual American basketball game and get hot dogs!
  4. Stay at a luxurious posh hotel like Gleneagles
  5. Fly 1st class (not original I know but I so want to!)
  6. Meet an actual author (which leads to number 7)
  7. Meet JK Rowling in the local shop (she lives not far from me)
  8. Fly a light aircraft
  9. Write a book
  10. Finally finish Breaking Bad
  11. Reverse park my car like a boss (I hate reverse parking)
  12. Learn to do a french plait (it looks fancy!)
  13. Meet a Disney Imagineer
  14. Achieve 80% on NetGalley
  15. Meet a fellow blogger!
  16. Visit Japan to see the Sakura blossom
  17. Finally finish a Legend of Zelda game (I heart Link!)
  18. Go to NYC at Christmas time
  19. Visit the cockpit of a Boeing 747 (I'm a bit of a plane nerd)
  20. Take part in a Disney World parade.
  21. Visit Hogwarts (in Florida!)
  22. Start jogging again and keep jogging!
  23. Learn to code html and css like a total boss!
  24. Tour Disney by Segway
  25. Meet Simon Pegg and Nick Frost
  26. Meet Hugh Howey
  27. Amass a collection of Funko Pop Models
  28. Amass a collection of Momiji Dolls
  29. Amass a collection of Vinylmation
  30. Learn carpentry to build a shelf for 27-29
  31. Meet Nathan Fillion and the cast of Firefly
  32. Attend San Diego Comic Con in Cosplay
  33. Drive a fast car round a race track
  34. Learn to swim
  35. Dine at every Disney World restaurant
  36. See Cirque de Soleil
  37. Start driving again  Tick, started December 2014
  38. Go to Book Expo America
  39. Get husband persuaded to have more bookcases
  40. Start my 50 things to do before 50 list!


So some of these things I really think I can do, some probably not but a girl can dream can't she!

I am going to Orlando next September (2016) so hope to tick some of these things off.  My husband also keeps threatening to let me unleash my inner racing driver at a local race circuit so you never know!

So readers, do you have a bucket list, what do you want to do?


Random Redheaded Ramblings


Share:

12 comments

  1. You're right, some of these are totally doable, and others can be done if you can come up with the funding (not always easy or even possible, I know.) Good luck, and most of all, have fun! ...Now you've got me thinking about my bucket list, which is probably a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have actually done number 41 - win the lottery to pay for it all!!!

      Enjoy doing yours!!

      Delete
  2. What a fantastic list! I'd love to fly first class (a lottery win would be needed!), would totally come with you to see Area 51, and would love to meet the Pegg and the Frost :D I have finished Zelda Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask & Windwaker, I have barely scratched the surface of the other two I've got on the Wii #badgamer!

    So awesome that my list inspired you to write your own - hope you get to tick lots of them off!!xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK will give you the heads up if Area 51 becomes a reality!!

      It is the Zelda ds games I am doing, I always get so close to the end and then they get so hard!!

      Thank you for your great post, it totally inspired me!!

      Delete
  3. This is a great list. Most of it can totally be done. I hope you achieve all of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I hope to score off a lot of them!!

      Delete
  4. That's a lot of things! But you have a lot of time too - I hope you get to them all x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's good to have a bucket list like that, Heather! I hope you'll be able to tick off every single item before your 40th!
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I hope I at least get some of them!

      Delete
  6. Great list! I can totally relate to some of them! *mainly the bookish ones* lol. I wish your all the luck in the world :) Omg I wish I could visit Hobbiton or Hogwarts :( Though I really wish there were student wizards/witches and hobbits walking casually about lol. That'd be really cool!!!
    Have a great day,
    Amy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be cool, there probably is people in full cosplay at Hobbiton!!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it and will make the time to come and visit your blog, maybe not today but soon as I am always behind!

Sorry due to lots of Spam I am moderating all comments - no spammers I don't want to buy whatever it is you are selling!

© Random Redheaded Ramblings | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig