I follow a great British site called the Purple Pumpkin Blog and this week Michelle posted her Forty before 40. A list of the wonderful things she wants to do before turning the big 4-0!!
This totally inspired me to get my bucket list down in writing! I have always had one locked away in my head but to put it out there on the net also gives me the kick in the arse needed to get some of things on it done.
I turn 40 in November 2018, so I have a few years to achieve these things, My list is a purely selfish, I obviously have a list of wants and dreams for my family, and of course some of these things on my list will involve them. But to be honest my kids have no interest in some of things I have on the list!
So without further ado and in no particular order lets look at my 40!
- Visit Hobbiton in New Zealand
- Visit Area 51, as I am nerdy like that!
- Go to an actual American basketball game and get hot dogs!
- Stay at a luxurious posh hotel like Gleneagles
- Fly 1st class (not original I know but I so want to!)
- Meet an actual author (which leads to number 7)
- Meet JK Rowling in the local shop (she lives not far from me)
- Fly a light aircraft
- Write a book
- Finally finish Breaking Bad
- Reverse park my car like a boss (I hate reverse parking)
- Learn to do a french plait (it looks fancy!)
- Meet a Disney Imagineer
- Achieve 80% on NetGalley
- Meet a fellow blogger!
- Visit Japan to see the Sakura blossom
- Finally finish a Legend of Zelda game (I heart Link!)
- Go to NYC at Christmas time
- Visit the cockpit of a Boeing 747 (I'm a bit of a plane nerd)
- Take part in a Disney World parade.
- Visit Hogwarts (in Florida!)
- Start jogging again and keep jogging!
- Learn to code html and css like a total boss!
- Tour Disney by Segway
- Meet Simon Pegg and Nick Frost
- Meet Hugh Howey
- Amass a collection of Funko Pop Models
- Amass a collection of Momiji Dolls
- Amass a collection of Vinylmation
- Learn carpentry to build a shelf for 27-29
- Meet Nathan Fillion and the cast of Firefly
- Attend San Diego Comic Con in Cosplay
- Drive a fast car round a race track
- Learn to swim
- Dine at every Disney World restaurant
- See Cirque de Soleil
Start driving againTick, started December 2014
- Go to Book Expo America
- Get husband persuaded to have more bookcases
- Start my 50 things to do before 50 list!
So some of these things I really think I can do, some probably not but a girl can dream can't she!
I am going to Orlando next September (2016) so hope to tick some of these things off. My husband also keeps threatening to let me unleash my inner racing driver at a local race circuit so you never know!
So readers, do you have a bucket list, what do you want to do?