Friday, 31 July 2015

REVIEW - Before It's Too Late by Jane Isaac


Title: Before It's Too Late
Author: Jane Isaac
Publisher: Legend Press
Release Date: 1st June 2015
Source: Review Copy 

 

I concentrated hard, desperately listening for something familiar, the sound of life. I heard nothing. Just my own breaths and the wind, whistling through branches above... The thought made me shiver. 

I am buried alive. 


Following an argument with her British boyfriend, Chinese student Min Li is abducted whilst walking the dark streets of picturesque Stratford-upon-Avon alone. Trapped in a dark pit, Min is at the mercy of her captor.

Detective Inspector Will Jackman is tasked with solving the case and in his search for answers discovers that the truth is buried deeper than he ever expected. But, as another student vanishes and Min grows ever weaker, time is running out.

Can Jackman track down the kidnapper, before it's too late?

I gobbled this book up in a couple of hours, I was riveted, stuck to my seat, the phone off. I love a book like this, one that as soon as you read the first page you know you are not going anywhere for a while.

Before It's Too Late concentrates on the disappearance of Chinese student Min Li one night in Stratford-upon-Avon, her British boyfriend Tom was the last person to see her alive and as they where seen having a massive argument his is prime suspect number one.

Where is Min Li?, is she alive or is she dead like a couple of other women who have turned up on the beat of Detective Inspector Will Jackman.

He is the man in charge and along with his capable colleagues he wants to find Min Li. He has a massive task ahead of him, the usual false leads and unreliable witnesses cross his path

While this is all happening you find out exactly what has happened to Min Li, she is buried alive in a dark pit, falling in and out of consciousness, fearing for her life.

Will Jackman find her before her abductor comes back?

This is just a fantastic read, as well as the hunt for Min Li there is a back story involving Jackman and his family which settles in nicely as a back story to the detective.

This book has a killer twist, one that will make you think "How did I not see that?", well because Jane Isaac has done a great job of misleading us! 

A must read!

Thank you to the publisher for providing me with a copy in exchange for an honest review




Random Redheaded Ramblings


Share:

4 comments

  1. This looks like my kind of read. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen ,it's an excellent book.

      Delete
  2. God I love these kinds of books but don't read them nearly enough. And I love a good twist. Excellent review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't read them enough either but when I do I love them!!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it and will make the time to come and visit your blog, maybe not today but soon as I am always behind!

Sorry due to lots of Spam I am moderating all comments - no spammers I don't want to buy whatever it is you are selling!

© Random Redheaded Ramblings | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig