Wednesday, 15 July 2015

REVIEW - Bossypants by Tina Fey


Title: Bossypants

Author: Tina Fey

Publisher: Sphere (5 Jan. 2012)


Once in a generation a woman comes along who changes everything. Tina Fey is not that woman, but she met that woman once and acted weird around her.
Before 30 Rock, Mean Girls and 'Sarah Palin', Tina Fey was just a young girl with a dream: a recurring stress dream that she was being chased through a local airport by her middle-school gym teacher.
She also had a dream that one day she would be a comedian on TV. She has seen both these dreams come true.
 At last, Tina Fey's story can be told. From her youthful days as a vicious nerd to her tour of duty on Saturday Night Live; from her passionately halfhearted pursuit of physical beauty to her life as a mother eating things off the floor; from her one-sided college romance to her nearly fatal honeymoon - from the beginning of this paragraph to this final sentence.
Tina Fey reveals all, and proves what we've all suspected: you're no one until someone calls you bossy.



Ok, so Tina Fey rocks, let's just get that out there right now, she is one of my total idols, in fact me and Liz Lemon could be socially awkward twins.

I first read this a couple of years back, I had seen Tina in Mean Girls and had started binge watching 30 Rock.  I love it, it is smart and funny and nerdy all at the same time. 

All of the cast of 30 Rock are great but Liz Lemon, she has all the best lines!  Who can forget Meat Cat and Cheesy Blasters?



Anyway I saw this book and wanted to learn more about the enigma that is Tina Fey, she is genuinely funny and I hoped that any book of hers would be the same.

Thankfully it is, it is hilarious, sweet and honest. Charting Tina's life from awkward teen to screen queen via motherhood, it is a great read.

Full of snort-worthy passages - my favourite would have to be the Mother's prayer - choose to read this alone if you are a sprayer when you laugh!



Own copy purchased from Amazon.co.uk






Random Redheaded Ramblings


Share:

10 comments

  1. This sounds really good. I will definitely pick it up when I see it. I love funny women.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, you should, it is a great read!

      Delete
  2. I agreee!! she is sooooo incredibly funny. I think listening to the audiobook makes it more special, I did and loved it♥ great review!

    Jumana @ Books by Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must listen to that, I can imagine it would be brilliant!

      Delete
  3. Glad you enjoyed this - definitely one of my favorite funny ladies and funny lady books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is wonderful, one of my girl crushes!

      Delete
  4. I agree, I loved this book- and right there with you on the Mother's Prayer! SO funny! Tina is just brilliant- she's like superwoman. But the cover freaks me out. The arms are so gross. I had to put it face down when I read it because it creeped me out hahah. But a fabulous book for sure, I am so glad you enjoyed it too!

    Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean about the cover, imagine if they where her arms!!!

      Thanks for stopping by Shannon!

      Delete
  5. I don't really read nonfiction and not too often autobiographies and that sort of thing. But I like sarcasm and those kind of things, so maybe I will like this one. Not sure, but I will think about it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is very sarcastic, it is a really great read!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it and will make the time to come and visit your blog, maybe not today but soon as I am always behind!

Sorry due to lots of Spam I am moderating all comments - no spammers I don't want to buy whatever it is you are selling!

© Random Redheaded Ramblings | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig