Tuesday, 7 July 2015

REVIEW - Tropical Wonderland by Millie Marotta

 




I totally loved the last Millie Marotta book, Animal Kingdom, it was jam-packed with lots of beautiful illustrations just begging to be coloured.

When I found out she had another book coming out I just had to pre-order myself a copy.

So is it any good?

Well yes it is.


The are loads of beautiful illustrations of flora and fauna to keep yourself busy with.

Once more the paper is of high quality, lovely and thick, I usually use gel pens to colour and they never seem to bleed through. Coloured pencil also look equally at home on these pages too giving lovely results.




My one little niggle and why it doesn't get 5 stars from me is that it is a little bit similar to the last book, I know, I know, I'm being ridiculous and I love her illustrations but a couple of the pages just look exactly the same.

However I still love this and I cannot stress enough how enjoyable colouring is, after a stressful day there is nothing better than unleashing you inner child and colouring between the lines!







Random Redheaded Ramblings



Share:

8 comments

  1. This is so beautiful! I've actually taken up on colouring books and I'm planning on taking this one as well :)

    Aeriko @ http://thereadingarmchair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My problems is that there is far too many to choose from, I am addicted!!

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. This colouring book looks beautiful! It's great to hear that the paper doesn't bleed through

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes a big difference, I prefer to use pens so thicker paper is a must!

      Delete
  3. I want to pick up colourign as well, but I am still waiting for my copy of a colouring book to arrive. I think it got lost in the post :(. I am excited to see a review of a colouring book on your blog. The pages look great and that's nice the paper is thick enough. That's a shame it's a bit too similar, even if you can still colour it different I assume having a new picture is more fun. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are my guilty pleasure! I like to mix up the blog, Dystopia one day, colouring the next!

      Hope you get your book soon, I hate waiting on orders in the post!

      Delete
  4. These books are so addicting! We have one that sits in our library break room with pencils so if you have nothing better to do on break, you call work on this book! So relaxing.... ahhhhhhh....

    Great review! You rock the diversity :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is totally relaxing, I love it!!!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it and will make the time to come and visit your blog, maybe not today but soon as I am always behind!

Sorry due to lots of Spam I am moderating all comments - no spammers I don't want to buy whatever it is you are selling!

© Random Redheaded Ramblings | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig