Saturday, 29 August 2015

REVIEW (REVISITED) - The Twelve Dates of Christmas by Lisa Dickenson


I originally reviewed this Kindle version of this book back in October last year and I loved it, I have read (I think, I hope!!) all of Lisa's novels and to be honest they are all fab.

The reason you are reading this post is because you Kindlephobes, Kobophobes and other-brand-name-ereaderphobes are in for a treat as this delightful festive read is being published in ye olde fashioned paper! Yes you can hold it in your hands and sniff it (if that is your bag) or simply just read it!

I know it is only August but Christmas is not far away and why not start to get in the mood with this wonderful book!

Here is what I said about it!

I really love Christmas, I love the presents, the food, the crappy adverts on TV, the tangled fairy lights but most of all I love sharing it with someone special (in my case three someones plus a furry someone).
I know it is only October but Christmas themed stories have been sneaking up on us for the last little while, this one caught my eye, mainly because I read Lisa's You Had Me At Merlot a couple of months back and loved it, so I knew I would like this, well I hoped!
It is the story of Claudia, thirty and in an increasingly stale relationship she finds herself suddenly single in the run up to Christmas after her first (disastrous) date in five years with her boyfriend Seth, with the support of her best friends Penny and Nick she picks herself up and starts dating hoping she can find the one.
Penny and Nick both work for the Royal Ballet, the ballet is Claudia's first love but due to an injury she never made it and works in a dance wear shop instead, she has known her two BFF's for years but all of a sudden she starts to look at Nick in a different light.
Twelve Dates of Christmas is a charming and funny tale of two friends who a little bit awkwardly realise they are meant for each other but of course things pop up to get in the way including the ex-boyfriend and an unfortunate mis-sent text message, will Claudia find true love under the mistletoe?
Now I don't read chick lit very often but when I do I want funny strong female leads and a male lead that makes me feel warm and fuzzy, this book has it all in spades plus London at Christmas feels magical and is beautifully put across to the reader in this book.
I love Lisa's writing and I am so glad I was introduced to her books this year, I can't wait to see what she has lined up next!
I GAVE IT FIVE STARS!

So what do you think, even if you are the Grinch about Christmas I still think you need to have a look at this, it is a warm, funny, romantic book written by the wonderful Lisa Dickenson!


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it and will make the time to come and visit your blog, maybe not today but soon as I am always behind!

Sorry due to lots of Spam I am moderating all comments - no spammers I don't want to buy whatever it is you are selling!

© Random Redheaded Ramblings | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig