Friday, 21 August 2015

Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award!


I am very honoured to be nominated for this fun award by Amy @ A Novel Start

To be honest I don't usually do these but Amy has got some excellent questions and it makes me feel famous answering them!

Here are the rules:
Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site.
Put the award logo on your blog.
Answer the ten questions sent to you.
Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
Nominate ten blogs.


1. What’s your favourite book and why?



My favourite book of all time would have to be the Lord of the Rings, I bought my first copy back in 1993 after reading the Hobbit in high school.  I was hooked and I just loved the vast scale of it.


I try and read it at least once a year especially around winter time, it seems so much better to read it when there is frost or snow outside.


2. Who’s your favourite author?

Of all time? I don't know if I could come down on one specific author.  The authors whose works I have read the most of and are auto buys would be....

JD Robb
Bill Bryson
Hugh Howey
Marian Keyes
George R R Martin


3. When and why did you start book blogging?

My very first post was on the 20th of February 2014, I didn't actually intend to be a book blog!

I love Pinterest and at the start of last year I fell in love with the many gorgeous food pinners and their blogs that exist, I am a bit of a touch and go cook but I thought that blogging looked fun I'll give it a try.

Follow Heather Duff's board Books Reviews | 2015 on Pinterest.

I decided very quickly that I was totally doing the wrong thing and the one thing that I loved more than food was reading, why the hell wasn't I blogging about books. The rest is history I have been rambling about books ever since!

4. If you could see any book turned into a movie or TV series, which book/series would it be?

Well I would have said Wool by Hugh Howey but apparently something is in the works for this one so now it would have to be JD Robb's In Death series, I can see it being an amazing series.

5. Name one book that makes you really nostalgic and why.

Nineteen Eighty Four by George Orwell, it reminds me of my first holiday abroad, which was also my first time in a plane and my first holiday without my parents.

I went with my now hubby to Maspalomas in Gran Canaria, it was the days before the Kindle so I took in my case this book.

Every time I read it, it reminds me of sun, sand and laughing cow spread!

6. Name three books everyone simply must read.

I'll cheat and say series...

WOOL by Hugh Howey
In Death series by JD Robb
Lord of the Rings by JRR Tolkien

7. Name three books/series you really wish you could be a part of.

Once more WOOL by Hugh Howey, I would love to see the depths of those silos.
Harry Potter - I see my younger self as a Ravenclaw!
In Death by JD Robb - I'd love to be Peabody!!

8. Name three book BFFs.

I'd love Eve Dallas on my side from In Death she is a total badass, Tyrion Lannister from Game of Thrones for the same reason and lastly Gandalf because well he is Gandalf!

9. What do you love the most about reading?

When I am reading it is usually at night in bed with everyone else asleep, it is my time. Reading transports me to places where I may go or where I may never go! The joy of a new book is still very real, I have too many books and not enough books if you know what I mean!!

10. What’s your top bookish pet peeve?

Over hyped awful books with pretty covers and terrible insides!


I am making this an open invitation, if you would like to answer these questions I'd be honoured!!

1 - First book you read
2 - Last book you read
3 - Favourite cover and why?
4 - Most hated book!!
5 - How many bookcases do you have?
6 - Bookmarks or folded corners or other?
7 - Your comfort read?
8 - Book you own but have never read?
9 - Most difficult read (i.e.: hard going prose etc)?
10 - How big is your TBR pile?


Random Redheaded Ramblings


Share:

14 comments

  1. I need to try JD Robb. I think I'll go to my bookish thrift store and hunt her books there. Blogs I follow are crazy over her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love her, I've got the books on my kindle but I've been picking up paperbacks at thrift shops too!

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the award! Loved reading your answers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved reading your answers - Your pet peeve one made me laugh. I totally see that happen a lot. I am a total cover person but it still has to be a good book too! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOO great answers!! I love LoTR! :D (and The Hobbit goes without saying too ;) ) To be fair I think the first one is the most memorable because I loved that Tom dude from the woods, sorry but I can never spell his last name! lol. I've never tried reading it in winter though (when it's actually snowing)... I think it's been good three years or so since I read them!
    And Ravenclaw? Really? I don't know which house I'd be in :) Hopefully not Slytherin! Eep!! I don't think I'd be in Gryffindor either :-/
    1984 is actually on my tbr list :) I'm glad you liked it, it's a bit more encouraging!
    Great post Heather! :D Loved it.
    Have a great day,
    Amy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tom Bombadil? Or was it Bombadill?! I just feels right reading it towards the end of the year!

      Ravenclaw strike me as being intellectual bookworms and of course that is me!!!!

      1984 is amazing, I love it!

      Delete
  5. I am a fellow Ravenclaw as well! I do think that is a good reason to start blogging as well. Like you, I started blogging in the wrong section as well. At first I was a lifestyle blogger before knowing that I wanted to switch into book blogging, so I did that instead :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay Ravenclaw!! I suppose the only way to find out where my blog was going was to blog!

      Delete
  6. Great answers! I've never read The Lord of the Rings and only seen the first movie so far. My auto-buy authors are Kelley Armstrong, Richelle Mead, Rachel Vincent, Jennfier Estep, SJ Pajonas and Susan Kaye Quinn.
    I started as a book blogger and added some food posts later on. Harry Potter and some of the high fantasy series I still have lying around make me nostalgic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have some Susan Kaye Quinn books on my to read list, she has a great reputation!! You should read Lord of the Rings one day, it is a wonderful read!

      Delete
  7. I saw on Pinterest that you're a Fathed Ted fan, I laughed so hard watching those priests ! DRRRRRINK !! Great fun post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Father Ted, it is a classic!!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it and will make the time to come and visit your blog, maybe not today but soon as I am always behind!

Sorry due to lots of Spam I am moderating all comments - no spammers I don't want to buy whatever it is you are selling!

© Random Redheaded Ramblings | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig