Saturday, 29 August 2015

The A to Z of Dystopia #8 - H is for Hunting


Hey! Welcome to week 8 of my A to Z of Dystopia!



If this is your first week I better tell what I am trying to do!

I am going to pick one subject from the Dystopian genre, it may be a person, it may be an event, it may be something useful but it will relate to dystopian books that I have been inspired by.

So each week I shall ramble on and on and on, you can view what I have covered so far here.

This week I am taking on.....


I have never been hunting, shooting or fishing and quite frankly I never intend too. 

The closest I have gotten to any one of these activities was visiting the massive Outdoor World in Orlando or having a shot driving the preferred vehicle of the hunting/shooting/fishing set in Scotland which is the Range Rover Vogue.


So this apocalypse has come and you have to fend for yourself do you take the easy option and ram raid you nearest Tesco or Asda (Target or Walmart!), clearing the aisles of necessities such as chocolate, vodka and loo roll or do you man (woman) up and go hunting? 

Do you feel capable of unleashing your inner Bear Grylls?


Would you be able to survive off the land eating berries, catching rabbits and fish, searching for water?


I for one would not, knowing my luck I would eat a poisonous mushroom and have to resort to the aforementioned ram raiding to get loo roll. I get icky at the sight of worms so fishing is a bad idea. I'm not a vegetarian but the thought of killing a little bunny or bambi is not on my agenda either.

I think I may potentially starve.

Hunting requires keeping quiet whilst stalking your prey, no danger I can do that, it also requires a steady hand and a good aim - once more I am not any good at that.


Unless you are with Chuck Norris or Bear Grylls when the apocalypse comes I would make for your nearest superstore and secure it for yourself, like the kids in the wonderful Monument 14 or prepare to be hungry!!

Can you hunt?
Would you be able to?

Next week the letter I...




Random Redheaded Ramblings


Share:

2 comments

  1. Yeah, hunting would be my demise too. There's no way I could kill anything and eat it. Just no way. I mean, I'd live off my fat storage for a pretty solid amount of time, and then let the chips fall where they may. It's just not happening. Maybe I can munch on bark, didn't Katniss to that? ;) This is so fun! I have to check out the rest of these posts, I do love dystopian!
    Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think she did, yuck it would be horrible and there would be bugs all over it. I'm going to place myself near a large shopping centre!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it and will make the time to come and visit your blog, maybe not today but soon as I am always behind!

Sorry due to lots of Spam I am moderating all comments - no spammers I don't want to buy whatever it is you are selling!

© Random Redheaded Ramblings | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig