Saturday, 26 September 2015

The A to Z of Dystopia #11 - K is for Kit


Hey! Welcome to week 11 of my A to Z of Dystopia!



If this is your first week I better tell what I am trying to do!

I am going to pick one subject from the Dystopian genre, it may be a person, it may be an event, it may be something useful, but it will relate to dystopian books that I have been inspired by.

So each week I shall ramble on and on and on, you can view what I have covered so far here.

This week I am taking on.....



So I am sure all skilled survival experts pre-apocalypse will have some sort of amazing organised kit bag ready to go.  

Click the pic to see this on Cafepress
Now if I was one of those organised types my kit bag would also be packed and read to go, I had better pack the following.

Tops
Trousers
Underwear
Lady Products
Toiletries
Torch and Batteries
Compass
Phone
Loo Roll
Clean Drinking Water
First Aid Kit
Lots of food
Swiss Army Knife
Matches
Rope
Sleeping bag

I think that should be enough, that is what a sensible person would take.  


I am not sensible, first of all sod the rucksack or knapsack let's get Hermione''s magic bag!


So the end of the world has came, I have minutes to clear out of my house, what am I going to grab (my husband, kids and dog are already out of the house and prepared)?

This is what I would go for, my total end of the world kit!

Tops
Trousers
Underwear
Lady Products
Toiletries

Yes I know its the same but hold on there is more

My kindle - there will be electricity to recharge it right?

The complete Lord of the Rings - its not heavy, it will be fine.

All the jelly beans I can carry - fruit flavours count as one of your five a day?

iPhone and charger - of course there will be electricty.

More books - just in case there is not electricity and I finish LOTR.


At least 24 loo rolls, actually make it 48 just to be on the safe side.

Will I need a handbag? Which one will go with my end of the world outfit?

I'll need coffee, that means I'll need a kettle - I wasn't kidding about the electricity.

Could I fit Bear Grylls in there too?


Joking aside, I wouldn't have a clue what to grab, I would probably pick up useless things that I wouldn't need, I overpack going on holiday never mind running from nuclear bombs or rabid zombie hordes.  

Thankfully good old Google is a wealth of knowledge and the well prepared kit contains all manner of wonderful survival goodies.

So this weeks question, you have five minutes to go - what would you take (remember just for you, all loved ones and furry creatures are prepared already)!?


Next week - L!



Random Redheaded Ramblings


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it and will make the time to come and visit your blog, maybe not today but soon as I am always behind!

Sorry due to lots of Spam I am moderating all comments - no spammers I don't want to buy whatever it is you are selling!

© Random Redheaded Ramblings | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig