Tuesday, 22 September 2015

BIZARRE BOOKS #1 - How To Avoid Huge Ships by Captain John W Trimmer


Whilst looking through the many, many, many books on Amazon I discovered some hidden gems, books that maybe have been overshadowed and have not had the credit they deserve.

They may be a little bizarre, they may be unintentionally funny or they may just be a total WTF!!! book.

This weekly post is a tribute to these hidden gems and to be honest some of them are worth looking at for their reviews alone!



Published many, many years ago as a marine guidance book, this wonderfully titled book has attracted a lot of attention.

Jimmy Fallon has talked about it, Newspapers have heaped praise on it, it features on many lists of interesting books and it is number one in my series of bizarre books.

So if you have ever wondered how to avoid those pesky big ass ships that are always in your road (or sea or ocean), then this is the book for you!

It is worth visiting the Amazon page, possibly not to buy a copy as you will see its starting price is a little steep but for you to enjoy the reviews left by fellow "captains" and some sad icebergs!


Share:

9 comments

  1. That is hilarious. The reviews were well work clicking to enjoy. Thanks for sharing, although I am still not sure what this book is about...oh wait, avoiding big ships,right? nvmd!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, how to successfully navigate those big ass ships, there is no excuse for not seeing them!!!

      Delete
    2. Thank you Greg for this comment, which I managed to delete by mistake!!

      "This is great! I'm going to go over and check out those reviews... :) "

      Delete
  2. This shall make my life so much easier! :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes no more of those pesky ships getting in your way!

      Delete
  3. Ahaha I love this feature and I am sure we are going to get to know about some pretty cool and interesting books! I have heard of this one before and I just love the title <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just thought it was a brilliant title for a book, just had to share!

      Delete
  4. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! This will most assuredly be a hit feature with me. Keep them coming!.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it and will make the time to come and visit your blog, maybe not today but soon as I am always behind!

Sorry due to lots of Spam I am moderating all comments - no spammers I don't want to buy whatever it is you are selling!

© Random Redheaded Ramblings | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig