Tuesday, 20 October 2015

BIZARRE BOOKS #5 - How To Sharpen Pencils by David Rees


Whilst looking through the many, many, many books on Amazon I discovered some hidden gems, books that maybe have been overshadowed and have not had the credit they deserve.

They may be a little bizarre, they may be unintentionally funny or they may just be a total WTF!!! book.

This weekly post is a tribute to these hidden gems and to be honest some of them are worth looking at for their reviews alone!


This book gets right to the point (the point, get it!!!)

For all users of the humble pencil this book answers the age old question of how to sharpen it!

Apparently there is more to it than just sticking the pointy end in to a sharpener!


Random Redheaded Ramblings


Share:

10 comments

  1. LOL! It's hard to believe this exists. Is there an actual method? I mean I've been sharpening pencils since I was about 6 and though I was doing okay. Have I been doing it wrong all these years? If it was WAY less money I'd be tempted to find out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I think I'll just take the risk and stick to what I know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gahhhhhhhh! I might have to get this for my son because all through school he seemed to have a problem with sharpening pencils without breaking the lead. I spent tons on different brands of pencils and styles of sharpeners. It was like he was cursed. Ha ha. Another good find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cursed you say, well I think this book will solve your sons problems!!

      Delete
  4. I just posted this to my Facebook book page. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, spread the word of pencil sharpening!!

      Delete
  5. A whole book on sharpening pencils? I would say "Now I've seen everything", but I'm sure you'll find something equally bizarre for next time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. BWAHAHHA. What even?! I mean, I suppose you could ummm bite it to a point? Whittle it perhaps? There could be a few chapters on types of sharpeners. The history of sharpeners. The history of pencils themselves, I suppose. (Sidenote: after reading reviews on Amazon, I don't even think it is a gag book, so now I am even more bewildered!)

    P.S.- This is one of my favorite features on the blogosphere, too funny!
    Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shannon! I don't think it is a gag book either! I had a look through the first few pages on my Kindle and it seems to be serious stuff!!!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it and will make the time to come and visit your blog, maybe not today but soon as I am always behind!

Sorry due to lots of Spam I am moderating all comments - no spammers I don't want to buy whatever it is you are selling!

© Random Redheaded Ramblings | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig