Saturday, 10 October 2015

REVIEW - Devoted in Death by J D Robb


Title: Devoted in Death

Author: J D Robb

Publisher: Piatkus

Release Date: 17th September 2015

Source: ARC

It's a new year in New York city, and two star-crossed lovers have just discovered an insatiable appetite...for murder.

Lieutenant Eve Dallas has witnessed some grisly crimes in her career and she knows just how dark things can get on the streets. But when a much-loved musician is found dead, Eve soon realises that his murder is part of a horrifying killing spree, stretching right across the country. 



Now the killers have reached New York, and they've found themselves another victim. Eve knows she only has a couple of days to save a young girl's life, and to stop the killers before their sadistic games escalate. Eve's husband Roarke is ready to put his brains and his considerable resources behind the search. But even as the couple works closely together, time is running out...


I have the read the majority of the In Death books and you know what I have never, ever read a bad one.  They are all really good, they have the perfect mix of thrilling plot, characters bursting with chemistry and a fantastic futuristic setting, oh and Rourke he is easy on the imagination.

Eve Dallas is literally the best detective in NYC, maybe even the world!, with her extremely able gang which includes the usual suspects of Peabody, McNab, Feeny, Mira, Morris, Baxter, Trueheart and a few others, she finds a horrific trail of blood leading from the western states all the way to NYC.  It looks like she may have a serial killer on her hands.

The bloody murder of a classical musician brings Eve in to this killers world.  Now at the beginning of the book you find out exactly who the killer is, so we follow Eve and team as they discover that the murder they are investigating is linked to something much bigger.

I don't want to give too much away but our team find themselves up against the clock as the discover the killers M.O. and it involves torture and all manner of horrible things over the course of a few days.  A new victim has been taken and their life is ticking away.  Can Eve get to them before it is too late.

Well I am not going to answer that but if you are frequent reader of this series you will know what the answer is to that.  As usual the world of Eve and Rourke makes for a wonderful tale, all the usual aspects are there, Rourke and Eve's chemistry, Peabody and McNab's humour, Mira's wisdom, Feeney being the wise old man of the force.  Plus there was snow, I love it when they do snow!

I have noticed that a lot of people mark this book down as there is no Louise, Charles or the bonkers Mavis.  I didn't miss them, they do get a mention and I don't think for a minute we have heard the last from them.  So for me it did not make a difference.

I love this series, I really don't know how many books there will be, this is something like number 41, 42, Brotherhood in Death is out next year.  I suppose it will have to end eventually but fingers crossed that it wont be for a long time.

Thank you to Piatkus for sending me a copy in exchange for an honest review




Instagram

Random Redheaded Ramblings

Share:

6 comments

  1. never read any of the books but i am still planning too, i love a good thrilling mystery and awesome to hear that you have not yet been disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is an amazing series, not a bad book in the entire 40 odd books!

      Delete
  2. Ahhh I hate that I'm behind in this series. I don't mind if a character or two doesn't show up in a specific book. They always seem to circle about and come around again :D And totally with you. I've loved almost all of the books. It's amazing she's able to put out so many awesome ones after so long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the thing with this series is you can jump about and still have a good read. Long may Eve reign!

      Delete
  3. I have heard a lot about this series already and I am looking forward to reading it because mysteries! I also think the relationship between the two people solving the mysteries is also interesting :3 It is gonna be a fun read! And I like that cover. The red stands out vividly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fantastic series but set aside a lot of time, there is a lot of books!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it and will make the time to come and visit your blog, maybe not today but soon as I am always behind!

Sorry due to lots of Spam I am moderating all comments - no spammers I don't want to buy whatever it is you are selling!

© Random Redheaded Ramblings | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig