Tuesday, 20 October 2015

BLOG TOUR - Review - Twelve Dates of Christmas by Lisa Dickenson

Welcome to my tour stop for the lovely Lisa Dickenson's festive tale the Twelve Dates of Christmas!
I really love Christmas, I love the presents, the food, the crappy adverts on TV, the tangled fairy lights but most of all I love sharing it with someone special (in my case three someone's plus a furry someone).
I know it is only October but Christmas themed stories have been sneaking up on us for the last little while, this one caught my eye, mainly because I read Lisa's You Had Me At Merlot a couple of months back and loved it, so I knew I would like this, well I hoped!
It is the story of Claudia, thirty and in an increasingly stale relationship she finds herself suddenly single in the run up to Christmas after her first (disastrous) date in five years with her boyfriend Seth, with the support of her best friends Penny and Nick she picks herself up and starts dating hoping she can find the one.
Penny and Nick both work for the Royal Ballet, the ballet is Claudia's first love but due to an injury she never made it and works in a dance wear shop instead, she has known her two BFF's for years but all of a sudden she starts to look at Nick in a different light.
Twelve Dates of Christmas is a charming and funny tale of two friends who a little bit awkwardly realise they are meant for each other but of course things pop up to get in the way including the ex-boyfriend and an unfortunate mis-sent text message, will Claudia find true love under the mistletoe?
Now I don't read chick lit very often but when I do I want funny strong female leads and a male lead that makes me feel warm and fuzzy, this book has it all in spades plus London at Christmas feels magical and is beautifully put across to the reader in this book.
I love Lisa's writing and I am so glad I was introduced to her books this year, I can't wait to see what she has lined up next!

Thank you to Little Brown for sending me a copy in exchange for an honest review 



Lisa Dickenson was born in the wrong body. She was definitely meant to be Beyoncé. Despite this hardship, she grew up in Devon attempting to write her own, completely copyright-infringing versions of Sweet Valley High, before giving Wales a go for university, and then London a go for the celeb-spotting potential. She's now back in Devon, living beside the seaside with her husband and forcing cream teas down the mouths of anyone who'll visit. She is sadly still not Beyoncé. The Twelve Dates of Christmas is Lisa's first novel. 

Follow her on Twitter for all her book news and Beyoncé-related chatter: @LisaWritesStuff.



Random Redheaded Ramblings
Share:

12 comments

  1. Oh this sounds adorable. I love me some good chick lit and a good Christmas story. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grace, Lisa always delivers a good read!

      Delete
  2. I don't read much chick lit either (ha!) but this does look fun. And London at Christmastime would be magical I would think. We're big fans of Christmas too and have been known to keep the lights (and maybe the tree) up longer than strictly necessary. :) Nice review, hope the book does well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does not surprise me that this is not one of chosen genres!!! London at Christmas does sound magical, I know people who will be putting up their trees in the next few weeks!

      Delete
  3. I know!! there are so many christmas books that came out in sept/october! it's like erm..well they gonna have to wait till november/dec like you I love them though so glad to hear this one was a hit

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got my first few chirtsmas books of the year as well and am currently reading one. For me what I like msot about christmas is the magical feel, all the lights everyone and everyone seems a bit more happy. The covers for this book looks so cute and chrismasy. I am glad to hear it was a good one! I like the sound of the slightly awkward friends to lovers romance. Great Review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lola, I can't wait to Christmas!! Especially if there is cold weather and snow, it feels so magical!

      Delete
  5. I love any ballet related book. Add in a Christmas theme and that makes me very happy. I need this one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like you, sometimes all I need in life is a good warm and fuzzy chick lit. This one seems like it is going to be ideal for those winter months coming up!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it and will make the time to come and visit your blog, maybe not today but soon as I am always behind!

Sorry due to lots of Spam I am moderating all comments - no spammers I don't want to buy whatever it is you are selling!

© Random Redheaded Ramblings | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig