Sunday, 8 November 2015

BLOGGER THON - My interview with Krystianna from Downright Dystopian



Blogger Thon has been taking part this week and as part of the event bloggers have been interviewing bloggers!


I had the pleasure of interviewing Krystianna at Downright Dystopian



1. What is your favourite Dystopian novel?
This may sound cliche, but my favorite dystopian novel will always be The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. However, The Maze Runner and 172 Hours On the Moon are also in my top three. 

2. It is the end of the world, you can take five things with you what would they be?
I'd take a box of Clif Chocolate Chip Granola Bars (I love those things-hopefully the box counts as one!), my best friend (hopefully this counts too?), a copy of The Hunger Games as it has survival tips, a warm blanket, and a set of matches. 

3. Do you use bookmarks or do you turn the corners?
I always use bookmarks! I hate ruining my pages. 

4. What book do you own the most copies of? (keep reading about people with several copies of Harry Potter and such like).
I own the most copies of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, which is really random, since it's the sixth book. Long story short, I was on the lookout for a hardcover edition but somehow ended up with four copies. 

5. Last book you bought?
Hollow City by Ransom Riggs (this was in August... I really need to go book shopping!)

6. The one book you wanted to love but hated?
Tumble & Fall by Alexandra Coutts. I wouldn't say I hated it, though my expectations were way too high when I went into it. 

7. The one book everyone hated but you loved?
The Selection by Kiera Cass. For a while, it didn't get the best reviews, but it's honestly one of my favorites. 

8. If you had to read one series for the rest of your life what would it be?
The Harry Potter series, just because every time I read it, I discover something new. 

9. Your favourite book cover?
I am in love with the cover of The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness. 

10. Which book proved to be the most difficult to review?
I'd have to say Armada by Ernest Cline, just because of how amazing it was. I wanted to say so much about the book because I loved it so much, though it was so hard to not give away spoilers.

11. To schedule or not? Do you plan your posts in advance?
I do actually schedule ahead! It definitely helps me in the long run. I always do my best to stay at least a week ahead. 

12. Your guilty reading pleasure?
I don't know if this is considered a guilty pleasure, though I absolutely love reading the Gone series by Michael Grant. I've read the first few books at least a couple times. I'm not embarrassed for reading them because they're absolutely amazing, but I do read them quite often.

13. Best Kindle freebie (if applicable)?
I've actually never gotten a Kindle freebie though I do own a Kindle!

14. Favourite book from your childhood?
Charlotte's Web

15. Book that scared you to death?
172 Hours on the Moon by Johann Harstad. I can honestly say I'll never have any inclination to travel to the moon after reading that. 

16. Book that moved you to tears?
I've actually never cried while reading a book!

17. Book that made you laugh?
Me And Earl And The Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews

18. Worst book to movie adaptation?
The Scorch Trials. I loved that book and the movie was good alone, though when I compare them I can't help but shake my head.

19. What genre do you avoid?
Non-Fiction. I tend to enjoy things that aren't real, unless they're biographies. 

20. What has been the stand out moment of your blogging time?
I'd have to say writing my first ever post stands out to me. I remember it like it was yesterday even though it was three years ago!

Yay! I hope you enjoyed the interview, thanks Krystianna for answering my nosey questions!
Share:

6 comments

  1. I cry all the time..movies and books. I have not tried 172 Hours On the Moon but added it to my list. Have you read Red Rising? Fantastic interview Heather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kimba - 172 Hours on the Moon is genuinely scary toward the end!

      Delete
  2. I'm like Kim, I cry, too - I even cry at advertisements, I'm such a sap! Thanks for sharing this interview, it's always nice to get to know bloggers better, and your questions were really good, Heather!
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked this interview so much, especially as Krystianna featured me on her blog once too. I think that Gone by Michael Grant is one of my favourite series, so I am very happy to see it is one of her guilty pleasures. She shouldn't feel guilty about that at all ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have still to read Gone but in a fit of buying one day I bought the series for my kindle! I can't wait for it to be my guilty pleasure!!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it and will make the time to come and visit your blog, maybe not today but soon as I am always behind!

Sorry due to lots of Spam I am moderating all comments - no spammers I don't want to buy whatever it is you are selling!

© Random Redheaded Ramblings | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig