Wednesday, 11 November 2015

Cara's Corner #1 - Nat Geo Kids Titanic by Melissa Stewart


Hello everyone, today I have a new feature for you, my eight year old daughter has been nagging me about doing this for weeks!

Cara's corner is Cara doing what she does best - talking - and in this case she will talking about her books (and I will by typing literally word for word, I don't trust her on my laptop!!).

Today she would like to talk about....


National Geographic Kids - Titanic by Melissa Stewart

Her own copy!


Cara tell me what this book is about?

Well it is basically about the Titanic and it sunk and the tragic end of the Titanic so I am going to tell you stuff that will be interesting!

So what do we need to know?

The ship sunk because it hit an iceberg and water poured in an sunk the ship.  The first class passengers, women and children had the best chance of getting off.

The book tells you about the Titanic and where everything was, the wireless room and also about a lady called Lady Duff Gordon who had a pretty room in first class, she could be a relation as my surname is Duff too.

One of the Titanic's most famous survivors was a first class survivor called Margaret Brown, she earned the name the Unsinkable Molly Brown as she tried to rescue people by making sure her lifeboat went back.

What was your favourite part of the book?

I liked it all but my favourite part was the timeline that showed how it sunk because I love time and am learning about it at school.

What would rate this?

Eight out of Ten.



So I hope you enjoyed this post, Cara is beyond excited that she has been allowed to do this!

When she decides to another, well you will all be the first to know!!

Share:

16 comments

  1. Hi Cara! I loved your review! Great job relating the book to yourself by noticing the surnames. And I always thought the Unsinkable Molly Brown was very brave for making sure her rescue boat was full. I learned from her that I should always speak up when I think I need to be heard :)

    Keep the reviews coming! I can't wait for your next one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what fun! I'm glad she enjoyed the book. It's such a fascinating story. There's a museum near here that has recreations of the rooms in the Titanic and when you go in you get a card with the name of a passenger and a little bit about them and at the end you can see what happened to them. It's sad and fascinating at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love stories and facts about the Titanic! Thanks for sharing and taking the time to do a review, Cara. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww what a fun idea to let Cara talk about her books. I remember that when I was little we often went to the library and I got these small informative books for when I had to write a small paper for school. They could be quite interesting. I know about the titatanic and that it sunk, but not much more, so I am sure Cara knows more about the titanic than I do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cara says "Thank you for reading my review Lola"!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Cara says "Thank you very much Grace"!

      Delete
  6. oh this story is always so sad for me, glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cara says "Thank you Lily, my friend is called Lily too!"

      Delete
  7. Aw, how fun! that's so exciting your daughter has her own feature. Thanks to you both for sharing this book. It sounds really nice! I was always fascinated by the Titanic.

    www.letsgetbeyondtolerance.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cara says "Thank you Shooting Stars"!

      Delete
  8. Hi Cara! The Titanic is a great (and tragic) story. I am glad you chose to read about it and learn what happened. I hope you decide to do more reviews. I loved reading this!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it and will make the time to come and visit your blog, maybe not today but soon as I am always behind!

Sorry due to lots of Spam I am moderating all comments - no spammers I don't want to buy whatever it is you are selling!

© Random Redheaded Ramblings | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig