Saturday, 21 November 2015

#COYER - Going Back to Basics Sign Up


So I have never done COYER before but I had seen some of my favourite bloggers participating in the challenge before and when I saw the sign up page I knew it was time for me to attempt it!

So what is COYER?

“Clean Out Your E-reads Challenge”
Yes, those pesky books you have downloaded that you never get around to reading, well this well spur you on to read them all (well some of them anyway!!

There are rules!

Read Your E-Reads! 
Every book you read must be in an electronic format – meaning E-Book or Audiobook. It’s okay to start a book before December 20th, you must be less than half way for it to count then review it during COYER. 

The books must be FREE or NEARLY FREE! 
This includes library books, review books, tour books, NetGalley, Edelweiss, etc. What’s nearly free? No more than $5 for ebooks and no more than $16 for Audiobooks (or the equivalent in your currency). 

Announce your participation! 
This can be a blog post (or if you don’t have a blog – Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Booklikes, Goodreads, Shelfari, etc.) If you want to list books you would like to read, that’s great, but not necessary. The point is to let us know you’re committed to COYER, maybe share some goals, and help us spread the word. Not sure how to do your post? Check out this example from a previous COYER. - See more at: http://www.becausereading.com/coyer-is-going-back-to-basics-sign-up-today/#sthash.j9WWtadG.dpuf


So I am excited to take part as I have quite a few I'd like to read.  I find it impossible to decide now what I would like to read but I will tentatively say 20 books....

  The challenge runs from 19th December 2015 to 4th March 2016, are you joining?

Share:

25 comments

  1. YAY Heather! I'm happy you're participating in the COYER challenge, it's a lot of fun, and a great way of cleaning out the e-reader :) I have set my goal to 20 as well, as I will have exams in January and February, and I have no idea if I'll have enough time to read as much as I'd like :)
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks like it will be a good way of reading hopefully good books and having a fun time!

      Delete
    2. There are lots of fun times with COYER ;)

      Delete
  2. Welcome to the challenge! I've participated in every one so far, and it's always such a good time! :D

    Angie @ Pinkindle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad! I am looking forward to it!

      Delete
  3. I definitely need to join. I have so many books I need to read it's not even funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey glad you're joining COYER! Should be fun... I'm going to do it again too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you are joining us! You will have so much fun and totally clean off that e-reader!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh and don't forget to join the group on Facebook is you have a FB :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This challenge is definitely needed especially when we have massive TBRs! Good luck with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think 20 is a good goal and then if you go over it you feel real accomplished. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay I am so happy you're joining this challenge! I hope you'll enjoy your first coyer. I'll be participating again this time :). It's such a great challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lola, I am looking forward to it and getting some books out the way too!

      Delete
  10. I'm glad you're doing this one, too! My signup post goes live tomorrow. Have fun with it and I hope you get lots of books read!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! I'm doing COYER for the first time too, and I had this crazy idea to browse through all them e-books to see what I even have... it was a crazy idea because I have now already invested HOURS looking at and organizing this pile. Well, I'm already enjoying myself. So I hope to be ready at December 19th. YAAAY. But I'm glad to see someone else is new to this, too. Are you organizing anything beforehand or just go ahead an read when it starts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG you are super organised, No I was just going to look at my NetGalley outstanding reads and just dive in to my kindle reads and go from there. It'll be fun!

      Delete
  12. I am doing it, too! I love the addition of audiobooks. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it and will make the time to come and visit your blog, maybe not today but soon as I am always behind!

Sorry due to lots of Spam I am moderating all comments - no spammers I don't want to buy whatever it is you are selling!

© Random Redheaded Ramblings | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig