Tuesday, 29 December 2015

BIZARRE BOOKS #14 - Extraordinary Chickens by Stephen Green-Armytage


Whilst looking through the many, many, many books on Amazon I discovered some hidden gems, books that maybe have been overshadowed and have not had the credit they deserve.

They may be a little bizarre, they may be unintentionally funny, they may be wonderfully cute or they may just be a total WTF!!! book.

This weekly post is a tribute to these hidden gems and to be honest some of them are worth looking at for their reviews alone!


Yes, technically this is not a book but at this time a year it is the one item I look through Amazon for - a calendar.

Quite frankly nothing says "2016 must have calendar" more than this, I mean look at that bad boy (or girl) on the front, what a gorgeous bird!

It is not the only one, every month has a bountiful bird just waiting for you to make reminders for those dentist and doctors appointment below!


Random Redheaded Ramblings


Share:

10 comments

  1. I haven't even thought about a calendar for 2016 til I saw this. Good grief... some interesting birds here. As usual the reviews might be the best part. Although the book about chickens training their human might be a good buy too. Cause we all want the chickens perspective! Is there book for everything? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think pretty much most things are covered on paper!

      Delete
  2. LOL extraordinary Chicken, eh? I love the picture, and the bird is definitely extraordinary, Heather :)
    I hope you found the perfect calendar for 2016!
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I did, I have a nerdy Legend of Zelda one! Nothing bizarre about it!

      Delete
  3. This is my absolute favorite feature! Your book choices are always hilarious. I definitely feel like I must have this calendar! 12 months of not just chickens but Extraordinary chickens is just too good to pass up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katherine! I can't believe I was unaware of extraordinary chickens!

      Delete
  4. That is one snazzy chicken! What I thought of when I saw this though was how I heard somewhere that chickens prefer beautiful humans because they recognize beauty the same way we do, so I just looked it up, and apparently they might have just been extrapolating data in order to peck the picture that would get them more food, but, even so, that's still pretty extraordinary considering they're chickens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That chicken is the epitome of extraordinary! I never really thought of chickens as being intelligent, bad I know, but it would be kinda cool if they did do things like that!

      Delete
  5. Well I mean... that IS a pretty fabulous chicken. You know, as far as chickens go. 😉 Of course, I'd feel awful glancing at it while eating chicken soooo.. that would never work out haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo bad, eating chicken whilst looking at them...not a good idea!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it and will make the time to come and visit your blog, maybe not today but soon as I am always behind!

Sorry due to lots of Spam I am moderating all comments - no spammers I don't want to buy whatever it is you are selling!

© Random Redheaded Ramblings | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig