Wednesday, 30 December 2015

My Favourite 2015 ......Book


So 2015 is nearly over and I thought I would choose my favourite book of the year.  It was easier said than done, I have read a lot of excellent books this year but what makes a book really stand out is when it remains lodged in my thoughts for days after.

The book that had this effect on me in 2015 was.....



Awarded 5 stars, even before I had opened the cover this book ooozed something different.  It had a hell of a hype surrounding it and not being in possession of an ARC of it I impatiently awaited my paperback from Amazon.

It is like nothing I have ever read before (click on the pic to read my review) and this incredible story of love and loss set within the vastness of space totally blew my mind!

My only worry is will book 2 be as good?

NOTABLE MENTIONS

So what was your book of 2015?

Share:

14 comments

  1. Isn't hard to pick just one?? I just got Illuminae and can't wait to get to it. I live Furiously Happy. Armada is one I need to get to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is hard to pick but this one just blew me away!

      Delete
  2. I've heard so many great things about this one! I really need to get around to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVED Illuminae and I'm excited for the sequel. I hope it's as good. I still need to read Furiously Happy!

    -lauren
    www.letsgetbeyondtolerance.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait for the sequel, I read a little about it on Goodreads and am so excited!

      Delete
  4. I loved Furiously Happy and I've heard fantastic things about Illuminae. Must read it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Illuminae was pretty dang good... and I saw a vid on Youtube about the book tour and they announced the title of the 2nd book. It's out there somewhere... great pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is called Gemina or something like that, I can't wait!

      Delete
  6. Ooo sounds interesting! I had one like that this year as well. Lots of great reads but one was a jaw dropper compared to all of the others. Happy reading in 2016!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are some books I have been seeing a lot of people love! I can't believe you were able to choose a top one - I would have found it so difficult! But I think it goes to show how wonderful of a book it must be as well ^.^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just stood out so much, nothing came close!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it and will make the time to come and visit your blog, maybe not today but soon as I am always behind!

Sorry due to lots of Spam I am moderating all comments - no spammers I don't want to buy whatever it is you are selling!

© Random Redheaded Ramblings | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig