Monday, 7 December 2015

BLOG TOUR - Review - Straight to Hell by Michelle Scott

Welcome to my review stop on the tour for Michelle Scott's Straight to Hell!
I, Lilith Straight, was the woman you always wanted to be. I was married to someone better looking than your husband, we lived in that house you always wanted. Within a year, however, all of that changed. My marriage dissolved, my house burned down, and my job hardly paid the bills. So when I was hit by a car and died, I thought my life couldn't get any worse. Boy, was I wrong.



Hell was not the place I imagined. It was worse. During my brief stay, I learned some disturbing truths about my family. Most worryingly my ancestor’s deal with the devil promising him every female descendant as a succubus.

So these were my options: Life on earth as a soul-sucking seductress. Or death and pass the succubus baton to my sweet little daughter. There was no choice. Welcome to hell on earth, Lilith. Mother, teacher, wanton she-demon.




Imagine having the perfect life, the perfect family, not worrying about if there is enough money in the bank, buying that designer handbag or in my case not worrying about buying a shed load of books.  

Now imagine having that ripped away from you, being by yourself with your kids and having to live day to day.  Well this is what has happened to Lilith Straight, she had it all and lost it but she still has her daughter and is also looking after her niece plus somewhere along the line her crazy stepsister has moved in.

But hey she has her health......well she had till the day she gets knocked over and killed by a car.

But she doesn't reach the pearly gates, she ends up behind bars somewhere down below and is introduced to Miss Spry who has a family story to tell her.

She learns that she is a Succubus and not only that, she comes from a long, long line of them.  The icing on the cake is she can have her life back but only if she becomes a Succubus, one that will be forever on call for the people down below in Hell or she can die.

She doesn't like it but there really is only one choice for her.

Of course the path to accepting that your body is now hosting a demon and that your mother has been hiding the fact she is a succubus from you does take a bit of getting used to for Lilith but before she gets a chance to speak to her, the worst happens, her mother passes away.

Lilith does not even get to organise her mothers funeral in peace, her new "skills" want to come to the surface and so begins Lilith's attempt to rebel against what she is.

As the story progresses we meet more of Miss Spry's colleagues who are there to guide Lilith and to make sure she carries out what is demanded of her because is she doesn't do what she is told, she will lose her life.

Straight to Hell is a great read, it is sassy, it is funny and the character of Lilith is a great one, she is a normal woman who has hit hard times and all of a sudden has to ride the crazy train to her new life.  

This book did not take itself too seriously which I love and I am looking forward to seeing where this series goes in the future!

I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review




About the author: Maybe it’s because of my Halloween birthday, but I've always been attracted to scary stories. On the other hand, I love romances as well. Once I discovered that these two genres existed side-by-side in urban fantasy novels, I was in heaven! Urban fantasy is like chocolate and peanut butter: a perfect, to-die-for combination that I can never get enough of.


I’ve been writing since childhood, but earned my bachelor’s degree in psychology and my master’s in English literature.

Share:

6 comments

  1. ah so basically REAL life slammed her upside the head :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I signed up to do a blog tour promo post for the author and I was a bit horrified when she sent me a review copy and thanked me for agreeing to read it(which I hadn't as I hate chick-lit and humour books!) I was too embarrassed to say I wouldn't read it-so I figured I better try it and I actually quite liked it which was a surprise! It was pretty funny in places.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kinda thought that too before I read the synopsis but I thoroughly enjoyed it!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it and will make the time to come and visit your blog, maybe not today but soon as I am always behind!

Sorry due to lots of Spam I am moderating all comments - no spammers I don't want to buy whatever it is you are selling!

© Random Redheaded Ramblings | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig