Tuesday, 19 January 2016

BIZARRE BOOKS #16 - Go the **** to Sleep by Adam Mansbach


Whilst looking through the hundreds of thousands of books on Amazon I discovered hidden gems, books that maybe have been overshadowed and have not had the credit they deserve.

They may be a bizarre, they may be funny or even unintentionally funny, they may be wonderfully cute or they may just be a total WTF!!! book.

This weekly post is a tribute to these wonderful gems and to be honest some of them are worth looking at for their reviews alone!



Fellow Parents, I am sure you may (or may not) have uttered these words.  

Nothing works when a kid wants to cry, a kid will cry.

Help is at hand fellow parents in the form of this wonderful curse filled story or should I say prayer to help you remain sane! 

Random Redheaded Ramblings


Share:

14 comments

  1. I remember when this one came out! While I didn't love what I saw of the book when I flipped through it at the bookstore I can definitely relate to the title!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen this one before, that title always cracks me up. I like the reviewer who said their child was confused when they read this to them... LOL.

    I think Toddlers Are A$$holes looks quite good too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kids, they really are the best (and the worst!!!)

      Delete
  3. Have you listened to the audiobook version of this? It's priceless. Samuel L Jackson narrates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, but Samuel L Jackson doing anything is awesome so I need to check that out!!!

      Delete
  4. This book cracks me up! I almost got it for a friend for her baby shower - she'd have loved it!

    -Lauren
    www.letsgetbeyondtolerance.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks good, I wish I had had it when my pair where small!

      Delete
  5. Hahaha best title ever. Every parents has probably *thought* these words. I am rather curious as to what exactly the inside of the book is like lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still think it and they are not babies anymore!!

      Delete
  6. Yeah I bought this one because of my second child :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I received a free audiobook of this from the publisher. The idea was great, but it relied too heavily on the F word and it got old quickly. Ha ha. Not even Samuel L. Jackson narrating could save it. Keep the bizarres coming. This is a bright spot in mky week! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks my dear!! I am a terrible swearer so Samuel L saying the F word over and over again sounds brilliant!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it and will make the time to come and visit your blog, maybe not today but soon as I am always behind!

Sorry due to lots of Spam I am moderating all comments - no spammers I don't want to buy whatever it is you are selling!

© Random Redheaded Ramblings | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig