Tuesday, 23 February 2016

BIZARRE BOOKS #21 - The Ladybird Book of The Mid-Life Crisis


Whilst looking through the hundreds of thousands of books on Amazon I discovered hidden gems, books that maybe have been overshadowed and have not had the credit they deserve.

They may be a bizarre, they may be funny or even unintentionally funny, they may be wonderfully cute or they may just be a total WTF!!! book.

This weekly post is a tribute to these wonderful gems and to be honest some of them are worth looking at for their reviews alone!


Ah the dreams I once had, I was going to write a book, become a famous author you know, ah the memories but the kids came along and now I spend my life tidying up their crap amongst other things, bless 'em.

This Ladybird book looks at the midlife crisis, something which at the ripe old age of 37 I am going through! 

The books has a tongue in cheek look at us people of a certain age whose dreams are firmly on hold!



Random Redheaded Ramblings


Share:

8 comments

  1. Did you read any of the reviews of this? I love the one where the lady dropped the book in the loo she was laughing so hard...

    I have a feeling the Ladybird book of the hangover might be outstanding as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are some great books in this series!

      When I have a book in my sights I usually hit the reviews first just to make sure it is appropriate!!

      Delete
  2. Haha ... sounds entertaining. I had to go read the reviews too after Greg's comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting title! Makes me think of the girls in the musical Grease. :)

    -Lauren
    www.letsgetbeyondtolerance.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you seen the meme that says "being a mother is like constantly cleaning up after a party you weren't invited to"? Ha ha. I will have to head over to have a look at these reviews. Keep them coming, Heather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the one which is something like "ruled by a tiny army that you created yourself", bless 'em!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it and will make the time to come and visit your blog, maybe not today but soon as I am always behind!

Sorry due to lots of Spam I am moderating all comments - no spammers I don't want to buy whatever it is you are selling!

© Random Redheaded Ramblings | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig