Saturday, 6 February 2016

REVIEW - A Wrinkle in Time (Graphic Novel) by Madeleine L'Engle and Hope Larson


Title: A Wrinkle in Time

Author: Madeleine L'Engle and Hope Larson

Publisher: Sqaure Fish

Release Date: 1st May 2015

Source: Own Copy
The world already knows Meg and Charles Wallace Murry, Calvin O'Keefe, and the three Mrs-Who, Whatsit, and Which-the memorable and wonderful characters who fight off a dark force and save our universe in the Newbery Award - winning classic A Wrinkle in Time. But in fifty years of publication, the book has never been illustrated. 

Now, Hope Larson takes the classic story to a new level with her vividly imagined interpretations of tessering and favourite characters like the Happy Medium and Aunt Beast. Perfect for old fans and winning over new ones, this graphic novel adaptation is a must-read.
Ok I have never read the original non illustrated version of this classic tale but in the last year I have started taking an interest in graphic novels and this seemed like a good choice.  I have always wanted to read it and it was full of cool illustrations.

The story of Meg and Charles along with their friend Calvin is a thrilling and also it is an enchanting read.  It very quickly casts it spell and before you know it you are a hundred pages in. 

I blame the eyes myself, the illustrator Hope Larson has done an amazing job and each character, most especially Meg has the most expressive eyes, really beautiful to be honest.  It is illustrated in blues and blacks to tremendous effect.

Now I am presuming that you may have read the original but like me if you haven't, it is the story of a girl and her younger brother plus their friend who find themselves travelling through time and space to try and find their father.  Along the way they meet some unusual characters and see some incredible things but they never lose sight of what they need to find.

A wonderful read which I am planning on re-visiting with a read of the traditional version.

Have you read this and if so what did you think?




Instagram

Random Redheaded Ramblings

Share:

2 comments

  1. YOU NEED TO READ THE ORIGINAL! Ha ha! I requested this graphic novel on Edelweiss and it just just there, neither yay or nay. I hate that even more than getting declined. I might get this from the library if they have it. I am happy this ignited your quest to read the book(s). You should read at least the first three. Thanks for the review. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It hate the whole request limbo thing, it annoys me no end!!! I will check out the original as I loved this!!!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it and will make the time to come and visit your blog, maybe not today but soon as I am always behind!

Sorry due to lots of Spam I am moderating all comments - no spammers I don't want to buy whatever it is you are selling!

© Random Redheaded Ramblings | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig