Thursday, 24 March 2016

BEYOND THE BOOKS - Things I Miss About Being A Kid


KissinBlueKaren

Beyond the Blog is a weekly meme hosted by KissinBlueKaren where she throws out a topic (mostly non-bookish), and we blog about it!

This week - Things I miss about being a kid

Well I'm the ripe old age of 37 so I was a kid a long time ago (though I am still one very much at heart), but there is a lot I miss such as......



Getting away with double denim


Nobody noticing that I was small cos everyone else was too

School dinners, mine were lovely

Living on a farm

Long hot summers

Deep snowy winters

No bills to pay

Clothes magically ironed themselves

Tea was always on the table

The enjoyment of reading certain books for the first time such as the Famous Five, Roald Dahl and the Lord of the Rings.


WHAT DO YOU MISS FROM YOUR CHILDHOOD?

Instagram

Random Redheaded Ramblings


Share:

8 comments

  1. Great list! Paying no bills was on mine. Also getting away with wearing whatever I wanted (even if it was mismatched) and not caring what people thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah summers went on forever (but so did the school year!) and life was good. I didn't grow up on a farm but the subdivision I grew up in had a ton of kids and we ran around all day at each others' houses- good times. Free living. :) And yeah I remember exactly when I first read certain books... like LotR.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Summer where always hot from the start of the holidays, never happens now!

      Delete
  3. Oh my gawd, double denim! You are a comedian. I laughed out loud over that one. I mostly miss things we don't have anymore like drive-in theaters and corner mom and pop stores. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to go to a drive-in, its not something we have over here!

      Delete
  4. I would love to list a lot of things I miss about my childhood but being only 17 and thinking you stop being a child/teenager at age 18, I'm still living through mine! But I miss the days when I didn't have so much homework and I had all the time in the world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still think I am 17!! Homework definitely sucks!!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it and will make the time to come and visit your blog, maybe not today but soon as I am always behind!

Sorry due to lots of Spam I am moderating all comments - no spammers I don't want to buy whatever it is you are selling!

© Random Redheaded Ramblings | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig